• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Business trip to London, need travel plan recommendations

untilted

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm going to London area for like 3 days for a business trip next month with my colleagues, day times will be packed with activities but during the night time I may be able to check out the city nightlife/etc, anything/place you guys recommend?

More importantly, after the business trip, I'm going to try to stay the weekend before coming back to the US...Thinking about either hanging out around the London area, somewhere else in the UK, or go to another country in the regions. Been to amsterdam/barcelona/most of germany/paris only so still a lot of regions uncovered. I only speak English, so any country/cities you recommend for a young guy who's travelling by himself for like a 1-2 days trip? I guess the place shouldnt be toooo far from London, as I gotta get back there on sunday to take the flight back to the states. but buddies told me everywhere is close and flights arent that expensive.

for a bit of a background, im in early 20's from NYC. Hopefully you guys can make this a fun experience for me!

dbc

Reaction score
Oxford is worth a day trip.

Manchester has awesome culture and nightlife.

perk252

Reaction score
What about Dublin or Edinburgh? English-speaking, friendly, and loads of great pubs! Edinburgh is beautiful, and if you're in Dublin and have time then Glendalough in Co. Wicklow is gorgeous, and you'll get a taste of the Irish countryside.

If you don't want to go so far afield, then Oxford, as mentioned, is a good bet, as is Cambridge. They're both about an hour from London. The colleges are very impressive, especially to my American eyes. Bath is beautiful, too, though it's about two hours on the train. And there's plenty to do in London, too...I've been living here for a few years now, so let me know if you need to know the names of any decent pubs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads