1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Business Suit Recommendation

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by emmitt1219, Jun 12, 2014.

1. emmitt1219

emmitt1219 Member

Hi there,

I am looking for a business suit for work and interviews. Something that is acceptable in a more traditional industry such as management consulting or finance. Yet, I am also looking for something that has a slimmer fit. I am looking at a budget range somewhere between $700 - $1,500. Just wondering if there is any recommendation. Thanks!

2. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

Your size and approximate location, please?

3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

I'm sure there's a fine suit at J.C. Penny's you can pick up.

4. ckgs

ckgs Active Member

Can't tell if serious, but, Hickey Freeman. Hart Schaffner Marx. Samuelsohn. Brooks Brothers. Etc.

5. GBR

GBR Well-Known Member

If you are serious why have you not used 'Search'? You will get more advice that way - lazy?

6. spiermackay

spiermackay Well-Known Member

Start with a Navy. Super 100's - 130's. Something that fits well in the shoulders and of the right length. The rest can be tailored. You don't have to spend a fortune either. Plenty of options. Do some homework and find out what's right for you.