• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Business shirts in the £100 - £125 range

GinSoakedBoy

Reaction score
I am in the market for a few good quality shirts since i'm done wearing crappy ones to work. Until now i have mainly been wearing TM Lewin and CT, but their quality isn't great. The collar and cuffs tend to wear out / get soft after a few wears and their non iron shirts aren't really non iron.

I am 6'2", 155lbs and wear a 15" - 15.5" collar with a 35" - 35.5" sleeve. Based on research done online and on this forum, I have shortlisted a few options. However, am open to other suggestions as well that would suit a tall / skinny frame like mine. I'm aware my build isn't suited for most RTW shirts available, so I am prepared to go MTM for the right price (upto £150 per shirt).

1. Emmett for around £125. Seems like good quality, and reviews on this forum have been positive by and large.
2. Brooks brother Milano fit for £100
3. Eton Slim Fit for £130 (Fit is good, but is it worth the price?)
4. Go MTM with Cad & Dandy / any other suitable tailor?

Also, what is the typical lifespan of such shirts assuming I get them dry cleaned after every wear? How much would it ruin the quality of the shirt over time? Quite possibly a generic question to ask, but I am looking for something that would last 3-5 years.

I would really appreciate some advise here. Thanks in advance!

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is absolutely no reason not to go MTM for that price range. Look at Luxire and Proper Cloth. They will both make you a shirt in nice fabrics for less than £150. For business, start with white and light blues, then you can move on from there if you so desire.

It depends on how much you wear and launder/clean them, but my nicer shirts are going on 4 years without an issues.

Arnobuyens

Reaction score
Eton is IMO of unbeatable quality in its price range. I have never had such crease resistant shirts before. Their regular 'cut away' collar looks really good and they are true non-iron (I just hang mine on a clothes hanger straight out the laundry machine and maybe quickly go over the collar and cuffs). The only downside is that I don't like their patterns and coloured shirts because they are very bold and loud, but for a traditional white or blue shirt there is no product I would recommend more than Eton.

GinSoakedBoy

Reaction score
Typically, I would wear each shirt once every 2 weeks and have them dry cleaned after each wear.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Typically, I would wear each shirt once every 2 weeks and have them dry cleaned after each wear. 

Unless you are particularly rough on them, you might try just having them pressed once every two weeks and cleaned sparingly. It should extend the life of the shirts.

Arnobuyens

Reaction score
I agree, have them laundered and pressed instead of dry cleaned.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would avoid Brooks Brothers to be honest.

I think Italian makers offer much more for the money than English shirt makers; in construction, fit and fabric.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads