• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Business meeting pick-ups

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I met this guy in a business meeting and he was oddly attractive in his demeanor. He's not my type at all and I don't really date guys (especially in business) but I could tell he was gay because of the really false act he was putting on in front of the rest of the red-blooded macho crowd. I would never ask a guy out on a date really but the interest in him perplexed me a lot. My homosexual encounters generally revolve around longtime gay acquaintances and a mutual understanding that it's just for fun (a gay friend with benefits if you will).

Like I said, the guy is attractive to me but I have absolutely no way of further pursuing the attraction and since it is business I'm not sure I'd want to. I tend to date women exclusively though lately I've been turning away a lot of dates for personal reasons. Even though I would never date this man it seems odd to me to actually want to date a man in the first place since my social and sexual interactions are usually accomplished with different parties that for the most part don't know each other at all.

I've never really had the 'whole package' -- total physical and emotional attraction to one particular person and here I don't necessarily have it either. I tend to place a much bigger standard on emotional attraction which often leaves me having fun with guy friends while girls try to get my attention but I'm simply not interested (most are immature). For this reason I have a decent string of one night stands and short dating periods with girls despite long and meaningful friendships with both sexes. The whole experience raised this question: is sexuality getting in the way of emotional attraction or is the bar for both simply too high?

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are so confused why. Much like edmorel and rach2jlc.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
You are so confused why.

This is what I thought.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is he hot? are you hot?

Originally Posted by why
I met this guy in a business meeting and he was oddly attractive in his demeanor. He's not my type at all and I don't really date guys (especially in business) but I could tell he was gay because of the really false act he was putting on in front of the rest of the red-blooded macho crowd. I would never ask a guy out on a date really but the interest in him perplexed me a lot. My homosexual encounters generally revolve around longtime gay acquaintances and a mutual understanding that it's just for fun (a gay friend with benefits if you will).

Like I said, the guy is attractive to me but I have absolutely no way of further pursuing the attraction and since it is business I'm not sure I'd want to. I tend to date women exclusively though lately I've been turning away a lot of dates for personal reasons. Even though I would never date this man it seems odd to me to actually want to date a man in the first place since my social and sexual interactions are usually accomplished with different parties that for the most part don't know each other at all.

I've never really had the 'whole package' -- total physical and emotional attraction to one particular person and here I don't necessarily have it either. I tend to place a much bigger standard on emotional attraction which often leaves me having fun with guy friends while girls try to get my attention but I'm simply not interested (most are immature). For this reason I have a decent string of one night stands and short dating periods with girls despite long and meaningful friendships with both sexes. The whole experience raised this question: is sexuality getting in the way of emotional attraction or is the bar for both simply too high?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justsayno
is he hot? are you hot?

You can start your **** rendezvous in PM.

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
I know how you feel. I used to be bi but my mom beat it out of me.

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
All kidding aside, I think styleforum has really turned me off with all these gay/alternative sex life confessions lately. Mods, if you're reading this, can we have a separate forum for these folks? I'm not interested in reading the details....at all.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan Jr.
All kidding aside, I think styleforum has really turned me off with all these gay/alternative sex life confessions lately. Mods, if you're reading this, can we have a separate forum for these folks? I'm not interested in reading the details....at all.

Do you want to hear about my sojourn yesterday night/morning to a homosexual nightclcub complete with go-go dwarves, drag queens, half-nude boys, tragic looking gays, and lecherous old men?

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Do you want to hear about my sojourn yesterday night/morning to a homosexual nightclcub complete with go-go dwarves, drag queens, half-nude boys, tragic looking gays, and lecherous old men?

holy $hit! You too?

Patrician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
It's interesting to loiter in these places.
How so?

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you had a crush. It happens. But seriosuly, friendly flirting at work is some of the most fun I have had a work. Also, sometimes you get the 'work wife' which is cool. I met one of my best girlfriends was via work (different companies). We got stuck working on stuff together, always had shows to go to. Its kinda nice cause we have a built in conversation about work stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads