• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"business" meeting appropriate?

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahhh... just want some feedback it's not an interview just informal meet and greet with some attorneys in korea maybe a lunch meeting or two this is my best fitting and best looking suit not wearing that shirt in the picture (i just bought some nicer dress shirts from brooks brothers... the slim fit egyptian cotton ones)
suitherringbonetie1.jpg
(DIRTY MIRROR)
fulllength2.jpg
it's slim fitting with narrow lapels i did not buy this suit with the intention of wearing it in a conservative legal work environment but this opportunity to meet and talk about possibility of working in korea came up last minute not sure if i should just wear it ... or if i could dust off one of my older, worse fitting boxy gray 3/2 button suit do you think people will notice? too trendy? i don't want to make a bad impression... but what is worse? looking too trendy? or looking like i borrowed my dad's suit?

Brocktherock

Reaction score
i can't really tell, but from the picture it looks like there are some spots on it, stains perhaps? maybe the lighting brought it out, but if its unnoticeable i would go for it! that's an awesome suit, matches perfectly.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's fine. Wear whichever suit you feel more comfortable and confident in.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suit is fine, but I would wear two black shoes instead of one black and one dog.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brocktherock
i can't really tell, but from the picture it looks like there are some spots on it, stains perhaps? maybe the lighting brought it out, but if its unnoticeable i would go for it! that's an awesome suit, matches perfectly.
lol that's my dirty mirror here's a shot without using the mirror
asuitfrontopen.jpg

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
The suit is fine, but I would wear two black shoes instead of one black and one dog.

yes... i think i need to buy some black shoes at the very least
i almost bought a pair at johnston & murphy today on sale ... but i was hoping to find a "better" pair

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the belt and shoes in the pictures ARE brown
but i guess it's hard to tell from these pics
the belt you can see the color better in the half body shot

if i can find a decent pair of black captoes tomorrow, i think i'll just buy them
black shoes = a little more conservative

Gwarg

Reaction score
You'll have to wear a black belt as well then

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gwarg
You'll have to wear a black belt as well then

for sure
already have a black belt, simple silver buckle

i have some ugly square toe black kenneth cole shoes.....
which i will not be packing

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suit looks good! Definitely get some black shoes to wear with it. After your trip/meeting, see if you can take in the sleeves a bit. They look a little full compared to the rest of the suit.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark
The suit looks good! Definitely get some black shoes to wear with it. After your trip/meeting, see if you can take in the sleeves a bit. They look a little full compared to the rest of the suit.

the sleeves bunch up a lot in the back ... so i dunno what i should do
maybe narrowing the sleeves will make it not bunch up as much?
i'll consult a tailor ... after i find one i want to build rapport with

just bought myself a pair of black captoe balmorals (first time using this word) at nordstrom rack
bruno magli's ... yeah not exactly my first choice
but i'm in a hurry and it was VERY comfortable
unlike many other shoes i've been trying on that cut into my ankle bone on the right foot

this is how they look
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...385#vi-content

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads