• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Business forums...

Reaction score
So while I am in a sharpening-the-saw mode at the moment...see my spiritual thread...and as per the thread the other week on 'are you an expert', where I live means I really have to take initiative for my own professional development...so as such, I am wondering if anyone can point me at a forum that can help me polish the business acumen.

Most of you should know my style by now...so can someone point me toward a site that is, I guess, The Styleforum of Business...ie practical, in-good-fun talk on matters business, errs on the side of humor over pretentiousness and theory, but with strong possibilities to Learn New Things from the discussion there.

Any suggestions?

Big T

Reaction score
Interesting post. It has never occurred to me that a business forum would exist, and I also would be interested in taking a peek.

Also, in the OP, you mentioned "sharpening the saw".....perchance are you also a woodworker?

Reaction score
lol, nah, i've been reading Steven Covey
It's the seventh habit of highly effective people apparently, lol...i just mean keeping my skills sharp.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not just make a business sub-forvm here?

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama

+1

I would very much like this. A lot of good brains here.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama

Yes, absolutely, we need a place for all the high school kids to ask how they can get models and bottles in IB...

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to +1 on the business forum. I know there are at least some Lawyers, IBs, Advertising/Marketing, Retail and Medical pro's here and I think it would be a good way to exploit the membership.

It would also mean that General Chat doesn't get clogged with "carrer advice", "Get me into IB", "get me into BigLaw" and "I'm a child, can I haz moneys?" threads.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KPO89
+1

I would very much like this. A lot of good brains here.

I think we'd be surprised how much brainpower is around here.

i10casual

Reaction score
I like this idea. I'm a business man(lad) of sorts. More like Tommy Boy as I'm working with my pops now and running a factory. It would probably beat the quickbooks forum I'm on now.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would be nice if we could share trade secrets...

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.