Business Clothes and Undershirts

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by duranelmer04, Mar 26, 2016.

What type of undershirt do you prefer?

1. Crew Neck

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. V-Neck

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. duranelmer04

duranelmer04 New Member

I always wear an undershirt with my business clothes, whether I wear a tie or not. W/o a tie I wear a vneck undershirt, with a tie I wear a crew neck undershirt. But I still see many of my co-workers wear a crew neck undershirt w/o ties. What type of undershirt does everyone wear when it comes to business attire?

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

V neck....always.

3. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

Typically, a v-neck. But it's not like the v is very deep. Deep enough that the undershirt won't show if I'm not wearing an tie (and therefore don't have my collar button done), but it's a pretty shallow v, just the same.

4. JulianC

JulianC Member

I've never worn an undershirt

5. CMCR

CMCR Member

I normally choose to forgo and undershirt, but when I wear a tie I wear a crewneck. I have always found that when you wear V-neck undershirts (1) without a tie, you can see the top of the shirt above the button and (2) with a tie, you have an unfortunate V-neck depression under the tie.

That being said, I am often in a sticky situation when I have to take my tie off midday. No elegant way to slice this.

6. Spex

Spex Senior member

I value my shirts too much not to add the protective barrier of an undershirt. Also, I live in Canada, where it's usually not warm enough that you'd want to go without an undershirt. I vote v-neck, since I don't see the need to have multiple types of undershirts. I never want to see the undershirt collar peeking out.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016