• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Business Casual - Winter

msu124

Reaction score
I'm a senior accounting major in college and I have an accounting internship with one of the Big 4 accounting firms.
The dress code is business casual, what kind of jacket should get? It's in the Nashville, TN so it's not going to be freezing or snowing but will be cold.
If you could give me a link, that would be awesome.

msu124

Reaction score
How was mine spam? I'm just asking a question. I didn't want to post in the one thread because I want multiple answers and opinions.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well depending on your office a tweed jacket might be a good idea. Warm, able to deal with bad weather and so long as it was a made of a more restrained tweed fine for business casual.
Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers both sell them, maybe you could start your search there.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mus124, I think he was referring to post #2...

Take a look through the WAYWRN thread and check out some of the styles there; Parker and NOBD (amongst many others) do the business casual thing well. To my mind, business casual is jacket and trousers/suit, but with no tie. If it's just a jacket you are after — that is, if you already have plenty of trousers — stick to simple, versatile basics. Think textured or patterned navy or grey. As far as fabric goes, even here in the UK in winter I will still wear a linen jacket on occasion, but layer the life out of it with a thick knit underneath and a gilet too.

Frihed89

Reaction score
Tweed or Shetland jacket, grey flannel pants, solid white or blue shirt, regimental tie + something like Loake Badminton shoes with rubber soles and darksih socks.

williamson

Reaction score
Tweed or Shetland jacket, grey flannel pants, solid white or blue shirt, regimental tie + something like Loake Badminton shoes with rubber soles and darksih socks.
Certainly this, rather than the jacketed-but tieless (or even worse, suited-but tieless) look advocated and adopted by so many today - ugh!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.