• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Business cards

Style guy

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a business card, what info should I put on them and also what kind of paper and ink is the best? I want something simple like my name and Email addy on one side and the other side left blank so people can write on it. kind of like Daniel Oceans card on Ocean's Eleven

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My card has my corporate logo, name and title, and full address, email and website information, with the backside blank.

gregory

Reaction score
The classiest is one where your name (and only your name) appears in black type, centered horizontally and vertically.

Reaching into your suit pocket for your pen and writing your phone number on your card before handing it to someone can be very charming.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree that it is nice to have a business card with just your name, however, for business purposes, it's not particularly useful to just hand to people and much of my time is spent at trade shows/conventions where I need to talk to quite a few people in a short period of time.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The classiest is one where your name (and only your name) appears in black type, centered horizontally and vertically.
That's a calling card, which is nice to have, but not really the same thing as a business card. I have a few; now that I think of it I should dig them out and keep them with me.

For a business card, it would depend on the business what you should have on it.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it really depends what you do. I need to be in touch and available to a lot of people - I have several telephone numbers, my address, my email, my webpage on the card, along with my tittle.

the less info on the card, the more you are "assuming" that the person should know about you, and the less "available" you are to them. if you are going to have 3 clients, and they all know you, don't put anything on your card. if you need alot of people to be able to find you, put more info on your card.

for an average card, I suggest at least one phone number (land or cell), probrably both, email, name tittle. address is good if you will expect packages and snail mail.

while it may be cool not to have a tittle, if you are new in your job, or young, you want people to know what you do.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
drzzt,

you get to Cebit?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In Hannover? Most of the tradeshows I attend are health care or internet marketing related.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cebit is software, thought that was your thing. How about Medica in Dussledorf? I used to get to Cebit, I'll be at Medica this year. Just curious.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't gone to too many of the European conferences, it's too hard to get away for a period of time, I'm in the software industry, but most of what I'm doing is in the area of high level business development/strategic marketing. I'm sure the development side sent people though.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If you are doing any business in Japan, It's not essential, but nice to put down your blood type.

Brian SD

Reaction score
If you are doing any business in Japan, It's not essential, but nice to put down your blood type.
I think that is hilarious how important that information is seen in Japan. my Japanese teacher told me that exact same thing today.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's basically the equivalent as asking someone what astrological sign they are, and then judging what type of person they are from the response. (I.E. Leos love being the center of attention, and are good leaders. They can also be egotists... RAWR.)

The Japanese think that your blood type tells alot about your personality, and they take it very seriously.

In some rare occasions, you may be doing business with a person, and he or she will find out that you are not of compatible blood types, and then someone else who's blood type compliments yours will take over for him or her in the negotiations.

Or you may have a better chance with scoring chicks in a bar if you have compatible blood types...

etc.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's basically the equivalent as asking someone what astrological sign they are, and then judging what type of person they are from the response. (I.E. Leos love being the center of attention, and are good leaders. They can also be egotists... RAWR.)

The Japanese think that blood type tell alot about personality, and they take it very seriously.

In some rare occasions, you may be doing business with a person, and he or she will find out that you are not of compatible blood types, and then someone else who's blood type compliments yours will take over for him or her in the negotiations.

Or you may have a better chance with scoring chicks in a bar if you have compatible blood types...

You're f**kin' kidding, right? That would be such a great line.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads