Business Card Cases

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ProfessorShak, Jun 18, 2010.

1. ProfessorShak

ProfessorShak Senior member

I normally carry my cards in my left bottom jacket pocket, but I've heard that the mere presentation of a card case adds to the delivery of a card. My manager has a metal case that he keeps in his jacket.
    So I'm in the market for a case, but I'm not sure if I want metal or leather.

What do you use, how many do you have (if more than one), what type do you use and prefer?

2. Yika

Yika Senior member

I use metal when i know i am going to a more formal setting and leather for less formal settings. I don't know if its just me but my cards in the leather holder tend to not be as pristine as those in the metal ones.

3. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

For me a card case is like a Signet Ring; if you're 65 and it has your family crest on it fine, otherwise it makes you look like an old-school gangster who has it as another tool for showing off how much cash he's got.

I've never seen one used with any degree of class.

4. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

For me a card case is like a Signet Ring; if you're 65 and it has your family crest on it fine, otherwise it makes you look like an old-school gangster who has it as another tool for showing off how much cash he's got. I've never seen one used with any degree of class.
    +1. I have one I keep on my desk but agreed, I never carry the bloody thing. I believe in carrying as little as possible anyway as I am two more things away from having to buy a murse. I just throw a few in my wallet for when I will need them. If I am going to a trade show or event where I will need a lot of them, I just toss them in my pocket.

Looks good on a desk though.

5. WRAdvisor

WRAdvisor Senior member

6. Raralith

Raralith Senior member

I have a few from MoMA, The Museum of Modern Art. They were on clearance so they were around $15 each, one is a slim aluminum, another is a slim aluminum with a white laqure covering, and the third is a wider aluminum that I carry in my attache only.

It's nothing spectatular, I don't do tricks with it, and I don't consider it an accessory. It's just easier to give out nice, clean, and crisp business cards from a card case than pulling them out in non-pristine form from your coat pocket. It's a practical and useful tool, not something that shows how much of a "ganster" nor my cash throwing abilities are.

7. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

+1. I have one I keep on my desk but agreed, I never carry the bloody thing. I believe in carrying as little as possible anyway as I am two more things away from having to buy a murse. I just throw a few in my wallet for when I will need them. If I am going to a trade show or event where I will need a lot of them, I just toss them in my pocket.

+1. Got one of the desk and find it quite handy. I use a leather TF one:

[​IMG]

8. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I concur. I have a few in my wallet and if I am spending the day visiting clients, I dump a few more in my jacket pocket. Just another thing that I don't need to carry! I limit my stuff to: slim wallet/Berry/keys/lip balm/money clip.

9. stant62

stant62 Senior member

[​IMG] Is that a gram?

10. nbmplano

nbmplano Senior member

[​IMG]

Is that a gram?

My god, it even has a watermark!

11. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

For me a card case is like a Signet Ring; if you're 65 and it has your family crest on it fine, otherwise it makes you look like an old-school gangster who has it as another tool for showing off how much cash he's got.

I've never seen one used with any degree of class.

No, it makes you look like someone who'd rather not pull out a ratty business card from his pocket. I can understand how a guy who's overzealous about handing out business cards, especially under social circumstances, can come off as quite douchetastic, but that's another matter.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/cat...t-Carbon-Black

Nice. Cheap too!

12. Raralith

Raralith Senior member

[​IMG]

Is that a gram?

Does anyone know where Pierce/Timothy's sidewase opening card case is from? I've never seen one in the wild.

13. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

14. stant62

stant62 Senior member

15. Raralith

Raralith Senior member