1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Burt Reynolds - the man, the moustache, the movies :)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by 8bit, Nov 16, 2010.

1. 8bit

8bit Member

I recently picked up a DVD copy of Cannonball Run II (1983) for $5 in shrink wrap. Not the greatest movie ever made, but it reminded me of what a great light entertainment star 'ol Burt was. Let's honor his work while he is still alive.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Firebird 6.6 liter

[​IMG]

2. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

make sure you watch something called Shamus,one of my faves
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

3. sjd

sjd Senior member

I agree. Time to watch White Lightning.

4. mfrege

mfrege Senior member

Let's honor his work while he is still alive.[​IMG]

Or recognizable.

5. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    The Longest Yard.
    The real one.

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I approve this thread.

7. willpower

willpower Senior member

8. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

Stroker Ace was nice, particularly Loni Anderson in her bra and panties.

9. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Stroker Ace was nice, particularly Loni Anderson in her bra and panties.

Great Charlie Daniels theme song, too.

10. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sharky's Machine

11. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

I'm a big fan of those dumb Burt Reynolds comedies.

Movies like Smokey and the Bandit, Cannonball Run, Hooper, Starting Over, Semi-Tough, Stroker Ace are just good fun.

Cannonball Run II is really like the last of the Rat Pack movies. You've got Frank, Sammy, Dean and even Shirley MacLaine back together for the last time.

Plus I love the outtakes with the credits.

12. Sherlockian

Sherlockian Senior member

13. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

My favorite was when he would guest host for Johnny Carson in the late 70's. He was funny and silly while having this macho image. The combination was highly entertaining.

14. coldarchon

coldarchon Senior member

he should be in cowboys & aliens

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

15. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

^... what the fuck is this....

16. Sesame Seed

Sesame Seed Senior member

Movies like Smokey and the Bandit, Cannonball Run, Hooper, Starting Over, Semi-Tough, Stroker Ace are just good fun...

Have you seen "˜The End'?

I recently saw him in Aldrich's "˜Hustle'. Not a bad looking guy. Shit film.

17. 8bit

8bit Member

Movies like Smokey and the Bandit, Cannonball Run, Hooper, Starting Over, Semi-Tough, Stroker Ace are just good fun.

Cannonball Run II is really like the last of the Rat Pack movies. You've got Frank, Sammy, Dean and even Shirley MacLaine back together for the last time.

Plus I love the outtakes with the credits.

There's only one thing that stopped this movie getting an Academy award...politics![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Although it is a very, very, very crowded and distinguished field, I think Burt Reynolds is unquestionably the Florida State University's finest alumnus.

19. 8bit

8bit Member

Clint with Burt in better times, January 1978. Six years later the two teamed up to make City Heat, at that point in their careers both had made exactly 50 films. In a much later interview Clint said he and Burt both went for movie studio auditions in the '50s. The studios didn't like Clint because of the squint, they didn't like Burt because of his teeth. Clint joked that Burt thought he had the upper hand because at least he could get his teeth fixed! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

Clint with Burt in better times, January 1978. Six years later the two teamed up to make City Heat, at that point in their careers both had made exactly 50 films. In a much later interview Clint said he and Burt both went for movie studio auditions in the '50s. The studios didn't like Clint because of the squint, they didn't like Burt because of his teeth. Clint joked that Burt thought he had the upper hand because at least he could get his teeth fixed! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In American Rebel: The Life of Clint Eastwood Clint talks about how at the time Burt was his equal, but some really bad injury stalled Burt's career.