• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burned my Nudies... are they salvageable?

corbu

Reaction score
Did my monthly rinse last night and wanted to get all the shrinkage I could out of my jeans without the dryer. The roommates had a fire going in the fire pit last night, so i left them near the fire to dry. Well, one of the roommates apparently moved my jeans and got them too close to the fire... resulting in what you see below. It wouldnt have been so bad had it not been right on the knee. I know the denim itself is probably much weaker now in that spot, but what i'm concerned with is the discoloration. Will the brown spots eventually fade? I'm kind of hoping to use these for work on casual fridays, but wont if they stay like this.
confused.gif

1178565582.jpg

1178565586.jpg

Bonus shot of the water after the soak and short rinse:
blush.gif

1178565589.jpg

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they look kind of cool like that, but I would use them as a casual jean from now on rather than a dressy work jean. That is, if the brown mark doesn't come out.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd like to see a full shot too, they probably look awesome.

Nudie and most other denim companies charge $200+ for washed pairs with effects like that.
laugh.gif

tljenkin

Reaction score
I wish that I was brave enough to give my sams a charred affect like that! I think that it adds quite a bit of character to the jeans (not that a pair of nudies need much more character
rimshot.gif
). I want a full shot, as well. Very cool looking. Interested in seeing how it will fade
devil.gif

AnotherVictim

Reaction score
Thats really cool actually, dont worry!

But I'm not sure that they're salvagable for work settings =/

corbu

Reaction score
I'll take some full shots later tonight, but i dont know how well they will come out (only have the camera phone).

no_pseudonym

Reaction score
It's a good thing it's on the knee and not in some random place.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it does look cool. If anyone asks, just tell them that they got burned a little bit in a raging fire as you were rescuing people.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow thats some dirty ass rinse water!!

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They'll probably come apart in the burned areas more easily (and Nudie's not really in the business of making jeans for running through warzones), but they look really cool right now.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea id wear em..they look cool
and id tell peoplel what lance konami said

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
They'll probably come apart in the burned areas more easily (and Nudie's not really in the business of making jeans for running through warzones), but they look really cool right now.
That's probably true. It might not hurt to ask Nudie for some patches of denim to put on the insides of the jeans for some reinforcemant if it worries you.

Eric Stoner

Reaction score
In the past Nudie would send out a little repair kit, such as you get with the Baggy Bjorn, if you asked nicely. With their rise in popularity they may have stopped doing this though could be worth a try.

corbu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eric Stoner
In the past Nudie would send out a little repair kit, such as you get with the Baggy Bjorn, if you asked nicely. With their rise in popularity they may have stopped doing this though could be worth a try.

I think they still send out thread and material, but not in kit form.

I think I'm going to to do that as soon as I get a rip in them. I've had my eye on a pair of Average Joes for a while now, so these jeans will probably be converted to weekend/work jeans while the AJs take the work jean spot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads