• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burn After Reading

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just saw this at an opening last night and was curious what others thought. I didn't DISLIKE it, though I don't think it is the Coen's best work. It was goofy, but in an intentional way of being over-the-top... almost absurd. But, what kept me from actually liking it (unequivocally) was an inherent pessimism/depressing element to the entire point of the story (if there was one) that made you feel bad as soon as you had finished laughing.

Not that this is a negative thing, but overall (like Fargo), when I was done watching it, I had sort of a bad taste in my mouth...

Nevertheless, the performances were great; everybody in it really did a great job. Malkovich is good, as always, but the standout is certainly Frances Macdormand (sp?) Even Brad Pitt, as goofy as his role was, really played it well. All of the actors seemed like they had a wonderful time making this movie...

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see it. So I'm not reading what you wrote. There should be a blind smiley.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The movie was alright, I sort of agree with rach, although I thought that it didn't really have any cohesion, and was very try hard. The performances were great, although, I couldn't stand Brad Pitt (Chad). Oooh, look, a silly white guy (cue laughter from white folk in the audience). I don't really get his appeal, I don't find him attractive in the least. Not even in Fight Club.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Far from their best, but pretty entertaining. Loved all of the characters.

Diem

Reaction score
To bad this dosen't hit cinema in Sweden. It's a god damn Coehn movie.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I love FM and see her now and then at Citarella.

Also love Tilda since she wears Jil.

inogenius

Reaction score
I don't know. I thought this movie was terrible. At one point in time I strongly considered walking out, or just going to sleep in the theater. Like, I really had to try to focus in the movie. Brad Pitt played the role decently, though it was a role that he's about 10 years too old for. Perhaps if this movie came out immediately after Fight Club, he would've been a good cast. Not anymore though.

Malkovich was great. The film however was just not that good. It all seemed terribly forced.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I thought this was pretty good. Not their best, but better than most movies these days. It was entertaining, funny, over the top, silly, but it all worked

some reason I thought it very amusing when Tilda's character's job was revealed. It's not that big of a deal, but the way her character was such a cold hard *****, her career choice was interesting and unexpected

unrated

Reaction score
One of the more interesting films I've seen all year.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it was kind of a clusterfuck, an entertaining one, but afterwards I felt... nothing.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Went and saw it tonight (with a slight buzz) and I thought it was pretty good. Tilda in the office was pretty funny.
And the chair that George Clooney built nearly made me piss my pants.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
never understood the appeal of Brad Pitt

Watch Thelma and Louise with a young straight woman.
Watch her closely when Brad Pitt is on the screen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics