• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burburry Scarf

Bates

Reaction score
I got a burberry scarf for christmas, and I am almost (99%) sure that it's a fake one. Anyone here got a genuine one that can compare it with mine?

burberrykb9.jpg

If its a fake, is it well made or is it obvious that it is a fake one?

Mathew J

Reaction score
why do you think it is a fake? I don't own one but in all I have seen that looks right from what I can see.

Bates

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mathew J
why do you think it is a fake?

I asked about the price and it was way to cheap, a third of the price compared to the scarves on burburrys webstore.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bates
I asked about the price and it was way to cheap, a third of the price compared to the scarves on burburrys webstore.
From where was it purchased?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mom gave my gf and sisters fake burberry scarves last year. She told them they were fake.

BTW, the first thing I do when I get a present is ask how much the giver paid for it and, if it's cheap, think less of it/them.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks pretty real. With items like this and Lacoste polos the fakes usually all have the same tag and barcode which differ from genuine items.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the bag. Fake. It'd be in a box if it was real. The cheapo plastic bag is iconic of fakes.

I'm not sure if scarfs get the Burberry label or Burberry London label. I think it's the former.

I also believe they're all made in Scotland, not England.

And I don't think the scarves ever go on sale beyond 25% for private sales. Maybe not even then.

Lucky7

Reaction score
From the picture I can't tell. I'll look at mine when I get home, but by then I'm sure everyone will have answered the question.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tag is wrong. On mine it says burburrys of london made in scotland.

raiderbuck

Reaction score
The tag...that's the first sign, the next is the way it feels. I have the same fake one in black with the same tag. I compared it to my mother's real Burburry scarf, and the way the fabric feels on the real one is much softer. She has the wool, mine says "100% cashmere" and her's still feels softer than mine. Mine scratches my neck so I don't even bother wearing it. Plus the tag is blue, and is stiched on to the scarf on all four sides. The fakes have black tags, which are stitched just on two sides.

Plus, I think the real ones are made in Scotland?

Edit..someone mentioned the "Made is Scotland"

Mathew J

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bates

could it have been an outlet purchase? also ballsy asking on price, at that point why didn't you just ask where they got it?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mathew J
could it have been an outlet purchase? also ballsy asking on price, at that point why didn't you just ask where they got it?

At the Outlet, the scarves are like $199 instead of like $299... so I don't know if "way to [sic] cheap" equates to $199... or $39... or somewhere in between?

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about fakes, and don't own one of any kind, but the tag looks like it is sewn on crooked - that to me would be a giveaway.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burberry has about a million different variations of their classic novacheck scarf. They are made a handful of countries in a bunch of different fabrics and are sold in everywhere from Macys to Neimans. You can get one for well under 100 at Bloomies, especially with the deals out there this season. Cashmere though...

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
BTW, the first thing I do when I get a present is ask how much the giver paid for it and, if it's cheap, think less of it/them.

Classy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads