1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Burburry Scarf

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bates, Dec 31, 2008.

1. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

The fake one is very nice & I have worn it several times. I have yet to wear the real one but I know it will look good. In context: [​IMG]

2. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

After some close comparisons, the fake one really is almost better in that it is longer, so I can tie a windsor if I choose (being that I am 6'4" this is a plus) and a bit wider than the original:

[​IMG]

3. joeygladstone

joeygladstone Well-Known Member

4. Pengranger

Pengranger Senior member

My three scarfs are of various ages. The beige is about 20 years old. All were purchased direct from Burberry shops in the UK.

[​IMG]

5. princemarko

princemarko Senior member

Looks just like mine that i purchased last year from Burberry.

6. why

why Senior member

Hah, I was thinking the left! [​IMG]

I hope nobody actually had to even think about this. Without even seeing the label you should be looking at why counterfeits are bad in the first place -- the folds on the one on the left are completely asymmetrical and the stitching is sloppy and frail.

7. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

8. rsgould

rsgould Well-Known Member

I got a bit lost in this thread, OP. But...

I'm not an expert on Burberry verification (other brands yes), but I'm about 95% sure that's fake. The typography on the label is horrible (note spacing on the letters "DRY CLEANONLY"). It's also sewn on poorly.

I believe the reverse side of the hangtag should be black. Is it?

9. Lafont

Lafont Senior member

I have a wool one in blues and red, but the tag says "Made in England" and looks exactly the same except for name of fabric. Paper tag looks very real, too.
    You immediately ask the price of a gift? For shame!!![​IMG]

10. binge

binge Senior member

My three scarfs are of various ages. The beige is about 20 years old. All were purchased direct from Burberry shops in the UK.

You keep those tags on your scarves, even after 20 years?

11. Dudufrias

Dudufrias Well-Known Member

To those who claim their (supposedly) legitimate scarf looks exactly like the OP's:

Does your Burberry scarf also have that loop tag sewn together with the Burberry tag (on its right side) that says "100% cashmere" in various languages?

Mine has it. It wasn't bought in a store. I'm afraid...really afraid...

12. deanayer

deanayer Well-Known Member

I looked on ebay, not at the tag on the scarf but the sealed tag on the string. They all seem to show the same pattern on the tiny square (printed) when you fold the tag open as the scarf has. Yours is a traditional nova check but the plaid inside the folding tag isnt nova check (or doesnt appear to be in the photo). I would call that cause for concern along with the plastic bag. most on ebay either come unpacked or with a box, I havent sen an original "bag" yet and I have been stalking these scarves for a while.

13. rsgould

The real question is, why does anyone want anything in Burberry novacheck when it is so widely counterfeited as to be completely diluted as a brand?

14. Terminator

Terminator Senior member

After some close comparisons, the fake one really is almost better in that it is longer, so I can tie a windsor if I choose (being that I am 6'4" this is a plus) and a bit wider than the original:

[​IMG]

Would you consider re-selling? I like this tie alot.

15. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

The real question is, why does anyone want anything in Burberry novacheck when it is so widely counterfeited as to be completely diluted as a brand?

+1

16. Sebastian

Sebastian Senior member

Why would you let a hype dictate what you CAN'T wear?

17. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I think it's the use on baseball caps worn by slack-jawed idiots in sportswear that springs to mind every time I see that check, that really puts me off.

18. rsgould

There are certain products, in my opinion, that are so widely faked that they look completely cheapened as a result. The Burberry pattern is one such product.

Another example: living in Asia, I would never buy a Rolex, because the look has become so devalued that it screams "counterfeit" no matter how nice of a watch it is. Same with LV patterned bags.

19. slappysloopy

slappysloopy Senior member

I can understand wanting to know if it's fake or not but honestly, if it's comfortable enough and you like the way it looks, wear it. It depends on where you live and work, but I live in the midwest and here about 95% of people or higher would never ask for the label I'm wearing or where I bought it from or how much it was, though I get comments about articles of clothing from time to time it's mostly about the look. If it doesn't bother you then enjoy it and if it kills you to where a knock-off then sell it.

20. Mathew J

Mathew J Senior member

There are certain products, in my opinion, that are so widely faked that they look completely cheapened as a result. The Burberry pattern is one such product.

Another example: living in Asia, I would never buy a Rolex, because the look has become so devalued that it screams "counterfeit" no matter how nice of a watch it is. Same with LV patterned bags.

Thats interesting because I always thought Asia was one of Rolex biggest markets...I feel the same way with LV (well besides they are gaudy IMHO) but Rolex isn't as faked here in the states, or rather not many care enough to wear fake Rolex pieces, least not by me.