• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burberry's Trench Coat - Made in the U.S.?

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EOIBSA:US:1123

Just got this classis Burberry's coat. It looks like everything is in order and in good condition. I found the tag however and it says on a small silver tag "Made in the U.S.A. ; ACTWU; Amalgamated; Clothing & Textile; Workers Union". Does that say anything good or bad?

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok since this is the third time you've asked the question, I'm sure no one knows what significance the label has. However, logic suggests that if someone were to produce a fake burberry coat, they would not have produced an old "Burberry's" style label. It's probably fine.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And FWIW, many Burberry items are made in the US, including trench coats (others are made in England and Turkey).

budrichard

Reaction score
Burberry's Trench Coats have been made in the US for many years.-Dick

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
I can't believe some fool paid that price for that moth-eaten thing.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
And you say this on what proof?

I don't know how about:
LINING HAS TINY COUPLE OF MOTH HOLES OTHER THEN THAT IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think they are made in the US anymore. Some trenchs are made in England and some in Turkey.

Casey

Reaction score
I don't know about trenches specifically but Burberry has been exporting production for years now. I'm sure they thought they'd save money by producing in the US.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At one time, believe it or not, the USA put a tariff on trench coats. To get around it Burberry cut the material, pre assembled part of the coats and sent them to the USA for final assembly avoiding the tariff.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PocketCircle
I don't think they are made in the US anymore. Some trenchs are made in England and some in Turkey.

Good. Two democracies
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads