• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burberry Trench

shoesies

Reaction score
Well...I tried a black burberry trench coat on at Harry Rosen and absolutely fell in love. Does anyone know if these coats stand the test of time? It's a closed-fly trench sitting at $1195. Is it worth it in terms of quality? The cut was fantastic in US 42 for me, no tailoring required - I felt like a million bucks, but I have never considering spending that much on a jacket before.

Anyone offer some first-hand advice? Maybe there is a place I can buy the same coat cheaper? I do happen to like the nova check pattern a lot, so that's a plus.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Pm'd.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nova check is in the lining, right?

Also, where is the coat made? Is it a made in England/Conduit Street stuff or is it diffusion?

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, they have it as 'imported' which at the very least means not in England, although I don't know where it would be made. I have not heard great things about non england stuff. I would not pay full retail for it, sale though, yes.

shoesies

Reaction score
Does it really make a difference where the jacket was constructed? Anyone know of a great place to find discounted Burberry trenchs?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As for quality, my Burberry trench has lasted for several years with much abuse. Although I have a couple other trenches, the Burberry is my go-to coat.

aldica

Reaction score
I purchased mine (also black) in London over twenty years ago and it looks great. I have had the leather buckles replaced once, which keeps it looking new. You can also purchase a wool liner, which is great for colder days. I suggest the black, because as one ages and your skin becomes lighter with loss of pigment, the tan color makes one look sallow. The classic and never goes out of style. I recommend it highly.

aldica

Reaction score
BTW: buckles, buttons, metal belt clips and expert repairs are available at any Burberry store.

pitboss12

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoesies
Does it really make a difference where the jacket was constructed? Anyone know of a great place to find discounted Burberry trenchs?

There is a Burberry outlet in Cabazon, near Palm Springs, CA. I was there earlier this summer and they had a bunch of trench coats on the rack I didn't really look at the coats becuase it was about 97 degrees in the shade.

techlete

Reaction score
The tan Burberry coat I purchased states that it is made in England. I have had it for a few years and have been pleased with the durability and versatility. With the button in liner increases the length of time I may wear it. As the other member stated it is a go to coat for me also.

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
My dad bought the one I continue to wear at Harrod's before I was born. It still looks excellent, and functions well.

What that means for current production I have no idea, but at least at one point they definitely made these things to last.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Ebay, Burberry trenches are up all the time

plhoang

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Try Ebay, Burberry trenches are up all the time

Keep in mind the classic trenches run quite a bit bigger than the current fashion. I have one in my "correct" size that fits like a tent. I have another classic trench that is four sizes down and still fits plenty big.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by plhoang
Keep in mind the classic trenches run quite a bit bigger than the current fashion. I have one in my "correct" size that fits like a tent. I have another classic trench that is four sizes down and still fits plenty big.
This is the case with my favorite "classic" trench, it's full and long. However, I find that it's significantly more practical during inclement weather than the more contemporary versions I own. In a heavy downpour I don't get wet. It provides full protection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads