• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Burberry Trench...

zr0e

Reaction score
Hi.

My searches on this forum have not brought conclusive answers, I'm sure this topic is discussed OFTEN, with that in mind it is somewhat regrettable that I start another thread, but hopefully it isn't something that will be a big deal.

My question is regarding where the coats are made... I know coats are made in random European countries, now, along with England, but my question is a coat that says made in the USA... better? worse? age of the coat? are coats still being made in the US?

Is there some resource I can look at to better educate me?

Thanks in advance

zr0e

Reaction score
64 Views and no replies, Please don't hold the fact that I said me instead of myself against me... (myself..!

Anyone know anything regarding my question?

Appreciated!

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one that is made in USA, I bought it about 15yrs ago. It still serving me well. I won't said it is better, but couldn't said worse than the England made one, that my wife have one. I don't know do they still made it in the US.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found that it really depends. I've seen two of the exact same coat say that they've been made in the USA and the UK.

observer

Reaction score
I use one that is labeled made in the US. It was bought in 1994 and works fine for me. However, the ones labeled as made in Britain tend to priced significantly higher than the US made ones in the Burberry stores, and are treated as something superior by the sales staff.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 37 16.8%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Carmina

Votes: 33 15.0%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 36 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 72 32.7%