• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burberry trench authenticity check

Allthesame

Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my first time posting on here, although I've been lurking the forums for about half a year now. So, let's get straight to it! I've been searching online for discounted Burberry trenches, and I will say, it's mighty difficult to find them in my size (I'm a pretty small guy)! I did, however find a nice looking Burberry Prorsum trench in my size on ebay, but I'm cautious of spending 1,000 dollars on something that might not be authentic. This is where you guys come into the picture! So does this look authentic to you guys?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Burberry-Pr...65?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item461a84c5f5

If it is authentic, do you guys prefer that one or the following one.
http://us.burberry.com/mid-length-c...en_US&WT_z_arrivedfrom=SE&_requestid=4664751#

Either way I'm getting it in navy. Be sure to tell me just how much you prefer either one and take into consideration the price difference. Thanks in advance!

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burberry outlets sell authentic trench coat made in England for $9xx retail. The one in the auction doesn't even have check lining, which basically make it look like any other generic trenchcoat in the market. There's no close-up photos of the label either which is a red flag IMO.

And for me to spend $1k on a BB trenchcoat it has to be 100% garberdine, made in England. I did buy one on ebay last year for half that price.

Allthesame

Reaction score
The thing with this one though is that this particular model isn't supposed to have check lining, it's supposed to just say Burberry Prorsum. The label thing is of some concern though, I will say.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No label on view which is questionable and too cheap. If you like it buy, but if you really want Burberry then avoid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads