• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burberry Ties

bct06001

Reaction score
Hi there,
I was recommend to this site by a customer of mine on EBay. I have a lot of Burberry Ties and also Burberry Scarves. I can't continue to sell these items on EBay because EBay requires you to have a receipt of purchase.
The reason I have a lot ties and scarves on hand is because my grandfather had a hobby of collecting and selling items on EBay. When he passed away over the summer we decided to sell his remaining inventory. I'm looking to sell these ties for about $50 a piece. If anyone is interested in buying in bulk we can work out a deal. Let me know, Thank You.

It wouldn't allow me to post pictures so if you are interested give me your email address and I will send them to you. Thanks, Brandon

Alphadave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bct06001
EBay requires you to have a receipt of purchase

confused.gif
really?

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
I was recommend to this site by a customer of mine on EBay. I have a lot of Burberry Ties and also Burberry Scarves. I can't continue to sell these items on EBay because EBay requires you to have a receipt of purchase.
The reason I have a lot ties and scarves on hand is because my grandfather had a hobby of collecting and selling items on EBay. When he passed away over the summer we decided to sell his remaining inventory. I'm looking to sell these ties for about $50 a piece. If anyone is interested in buying in bulk we can work out a deal. Let me know, Thank You.

It wouldn't allow me to post pictures so if you are interested give me your email address and I will send them to you. Thanks, Brandon

For what its worth - I recommended that Brandon post here, as a number of folks said they were interested in a NWT blue burberry tie I was going to sell. I wasn't sure about authenticity at first, but I checked it against the other ties I bought from the BB store in SF, and it appears to be the same to my eye.

I bought 3 ties from Brandon - they all were in new condition (still in box with tags) and looked like my other BB ties I bought from the SF burberry store last year.

Not sure why ebay had an issue with his listings but figured the folks here might be interested. I think he has a fair stock (20+) of blue/tan/pink BB ties in the small and large check. I'm guessing its a season or two old stock, probably from one of the outlet stores judging by the labeling on the boxes. I'm not sure as I'm not very familar with BB brand beyond what I've bought personally.

I snapped a few pics of the ties I bought (the nova check ones on the right hand side). I can post the pictures (with Brandon's permission) that he sent me of the others items he had if anyone is interested.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Could you just post pics here?

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here's what he sent me

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and the next one...

bct06001

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know. I sold about 10 or so and then EBay took down my other listings because I didn't have proof of purchase.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it say where the ties were made? Are they marked 100% silk? Thank you.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they kind of shiny, or is that just the lighting?

Do you have a picture of the back of the ties (i.e., the labels)? Thank you.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the flash made them a bit more shiny in my picture than they are in person. They have a woven texture so I see them as being bright in hue with a matte finish.

If you email brandon he has pictures of the labels etc.

I know he wants to sells these so he'll get you the info you want and make you a deal. I'd buy more but how many nova check ties can one really have?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmulford
the flash made them a bit more shiny in my picture than they are in person. They have a woven texture so I see them as being bright in hue with a matte finish. If you email brandon he has pictures of the labels etc. I know he wants to sells these so he'll get you the info you want and make you a deal. I'd buy more but how many nova check ties can one really have?
I hope brandon reads this and can tell me if they're made in England or not... I guess those blue tags are because his Grandfather got them from the Burberry outlet? I'm used to the tan, more squarish-shaped Burberry tags as opposed to these blue rectagonal ones.

babygreenspots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not challenging the authenticity of the ties, since they are classic Burberry. Not to be obnoxious, but those exact designs on fakes are readily available for 1 dollar a piece here in Beijing with the same tag, although they are also available about 500 meters away for 150 dollars a piece in the Burberry store. The fakes one say silk and "Made in Italy" or "Made in England" but they are not real silk. I think it would be helpful if full information on the origin could be made available.

How many in total are there? I might be interested in a bulk purchase. I've never seen the paisley one faked though.

bct06001

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, I was at work all day. Ok to answer everyone's questions.
The back of the ties say "Burberry London"
No they aren't marked 100% silk.
The tags are rectangle as someone stated before. I believe they are a dark blue, I am color blind so....
I currently have 21 ties. They are mixed pretty evenly from what you see in the pictures.
Anymore questions please feel free to ask. I am tyring to get rid of them. They are just taking up room in my bedroom and causing a hassle.
Thanks,
Brandon

bakinsoda

Reaction score
so can anyone confirm if these are authentic? id like a few...say blue pink and the original color. once theyre confirmed of course

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads