• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burberry suits are made by...

codetomorrow

Reaction score
So I read somewhere that the Burberry suits sold at Nordstrom are actually made by Hickey Freeman. Is there any truth to this, and if so is that a bad thing? Are they worth the $1,095.00 price tag they carry?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3146201?...resultback=349

_6275050.jpg

_6275201.jpg

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burberry suits are not worth $1K plus, but that does not mean that are not good suits. I picked up recently two Burberry suits for under $350, and Im pretty happy with them. Go to Nordstrom or Saks outlet (avoid Burberry outlets since they only knock like 200 bucks off) at the right time to get half off or half off + some further reductions during certain sales.

codetomorrow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
Burberry suits are not worth $1K plus, but that does not mean that are not good suits. I picked up recently two Burberry suits for under $350, and Im pretty happy with them. Go to Nordstrom or Saks outlet (avoid Burberry outlets since they only knock like 200 bucks off) at the right time to get half off or half off + some further reductions during certain sales.

So what is worth $1,000?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop
only a suit retailing for 4k

More like retailing for $7500.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they are made to hickey freeman LTD standard, so half canvass or w.e
obviously it's not as good as HF mainline
they use some decent fabrics, but the cuts are decidedly uninspired and definitely overpriced at retail

you're always going to be paying a premium for the b urberry brand name, something important to remember. i'd rather pay the premium for a scarf or a trench or something that actually falls under their realm of expertise

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by codetomorrow
So what is worth $1,000?

At Off 5th they will have 50% off suits. That means a Kiton or something of that level at around $600-800 or so and a RL Black Label at around $400 or so.

Sebastian

Reaction score
I remember having seen Belvest making suits for Burberry.

Anyone has experience with that stuff?
And was this only a limited high end line which is not in existance anymore or do they still have stuff made by Belvest?

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
You have to admit that is basic SF reasoning!

+1
facepalm.gif
laugh.gif

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by codetomorrow
So what is worth $1,000?

Anything with MRSP over $4K as mentioned by other members. Awesome responses!
laugh.gif

Seriously - I would pay 1K for many suits: Zegna, Isaia, Hickey, Brioni, Oxxford, Kiton (although it would take amazing luck to get it for this). I would also consider Lanvin, Brooks (2 for $1.5K), and Dior for $1K as well if the fit was right. Ralph Lauren black/purple label suits and Canali are others you get what you pay for.

The name brands, I would not pay more than $400 for them. I did buy a YSL Tom Ford suit in past for $850 breaking my rule - but that was an awesome suit. Zegna apparently makes some Gucci suits, so maybe I would pay more than $400 for one of those. But I dont follow fashion as such, so if I were to get a Gucci suit, it would have to be purely coincidental - I would not break my balls to look for one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads