1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Burberry Prorsum Fair Isle sweater in navy, new without tags, fits medium

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by david123, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david123

david123 Senior member

I bought this navy Burberry Prorsum Fair Isle sweater on the forum, stupidly removed the tags, and then never wore it. Now that I am working and can't really wear it to work, I'd rather sell it than keep it sitting in my dresser. It is sitting in a sweater bag, unworn.

Here are a couple photos of the purple variety being worn:
    http://www3.images.coolspotters.com...l-2009-menswear-fair-isle-sweater-profile.jpg
    http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/photos/168401/ed-westwick-and-gq-magazine-gallery.jpg

As you can see, it is supposed to be sort of a runway piece and does not fit like a normal sweater. In particular, the shoulders extend over the natural shoulder and the arms are made of a different, heavier yarn. It is a beautiful piece, but the measurements are different from those of a normal sweater. I would say it would probably fit a small or a medium best, but judge for yourself.

MEASUREMENTS:

Shoulder to shoulder: 23.5". Again, note that the shoulder extends beyond the natural shoulder. What I have measured here is the distance from where one sleeve connects to where the other one connects along the top. (For reference, I wear suit jackets with an 18" shoulder, and this fits me fine.)

Sleeves: on top 17.5", on bottom 17". I think this is self-explanatory -- it's the darker, navy, heavier yarn part.

Across chest: 19.5"
    Across bottom: 19"
    Length along back: 24.25"

$250 shipped to the continental US. Discount of 2.5% if you pay cash and another $15 if you pick it up from me in Battery Park City, Manhattan. No returns.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.