• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burberry Overcoat 40R.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jason - is the one you're also trying to sell? I mean, it's a nice looking coat and all, although I have no firsthand experience with it. If you got it at a good discount and like it, why not keep it? What's causing your second thoughts?

(personally, if I had the need and spare funds for another coat, I would've been all over one of the Cucinellis that leon12 was offering recently!)

Lucky7

Reaction score
The jacket is sharp. I personally like the camel color the best.

jasonsun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
Jason - is the one you're also trying to sell? I mean, it's a nice looking coat and all, although I have no firsthand experience with it. If you got it at a good discount and like it, why not keep it? What's causing your second thoughts?

(personally, if I had the need and spare funds for another coat, I would've been all over one of the Cucinellis that leon12 was offering recently!)

Yes, that's the one i'm thinking about selling...I got it over X-mas online around $700 as a gift from a friend (Saks was so sloppy that they actually sent the invoice with it the gift receipt). I'm stuck in a dilemma situation:

Good things i like:
1. Color is navy, and I think being in my 20s, Navy works great as i already have a black
2. Length works great for me

Bad things:
1. The 3 flap thing? I know it's been popular, but i felt it was sort weird.
2. Made in Turkey? Have a bit concern on the quality.....
3. It seems to have semi-fake working button and when i take in the sleeve length to fit my arm, i think i might run into problem. (The 4 button on the sleeve is not simply threaded on, there seems to be working buttonhole made already (unless it's just thread that's threaded to make it look like buttonhole?)....and i need to shorten the sleeve by about 1/3-1/2 inch and it's cutting close to the semi-fake buttonhole )

Not so sure part:
I wear 38S for my suit, so when i put on the 40R topcoat without my suit, it obviously feel clunky, but once the suit is on it fits very comfortably; So sizing is a semi-issue as i wear 38S burberry trench....a little inconsistent gets me slighly concerned.

And the fact that i just shell out 2k on my new Ebel auto chron watch that was like 80% off.....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics