1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Burberry outlets

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by alaaro, Aug 30, 2004.

1. alaaro

alaaro Senior Member

I have a Burberry outlet near me (outside of DC) and I have had my eye on this Burberry rain jacket for a while now, but am waiting for the price to drop. Does anyone know of any set sales during the year at the Burberry outlets? Or any other way to get a discount? I really need to get a job there to land an employee discount, clean the place out, then quit. [​IMG]

2. bryce330

bryce330 Senior Member

I go to that same outlet (in Leesburg) and they seem to have a fair number of sales throughout the year, often around holidays. You might want to check this coming weekend (Labor Day).

3. handler4me

handler4me Well-Known Member

For everyone that goes to the Burberry outlets, can you tell me if they usually have the Burberry Polos in stock and what they usually run for? I have a Burberry Outlet like an hour away and was wondering if it would be worth the trip.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

at least at our burberry outlet, they don't discount the polos a whole lot, $10-20 at most, perhaps they will discount the ones in weird sizes significantly more.

5. esquire.

esquire. Distinguished Member

I don't know how well the stategy of working there for the employee discount would work. From what I hear, at most retail places, you sign a contract to work a certain minimum. If you quit before that date, then you forgo any discounts and have to pay the full amount. So, during the Christmas season, you must work there until after their inventory which would be around January.

6. alaaro

alaaro Senior Member

Yeah I figured that about the employee discount. I just really wanted this coat. [​IMG] As for the polos, I saw them this past weekend and they were like $60 or so. I dont know if they were marked down from something or what.

7. Shiny

Shiny Senior Member

How do you get notified about the outlet sales at burberry? Is there an email alert? It's kind of far from me so I'd like to know before I go. I'm in DC too. Thanks.

8. Sartorian

Sartorian Distinguished Member

never mind.

9. JR_Rider

JR_Rider Senior Member

Prices on the polos at the Burberry outlets are $60. And it is usually for these polos that they don't carry in stores, not the ones with the nova check on the inside placket. On the raincoat the only way I know how to get them cheaper than at the outlets is at the clearance center at the Woodbury Common outlets in NY. They sell the raincoats for $199.

10. avatar

how much are cashmere scarves

11. overdog

overdog Senior Member

I've been whole racks of polos discounted to $25. They were marked $50 with additional 50%. I think I've also seen them around $30 from time to time.

12. sidenote

sidenote Member

I feel like the Burberry outlet near me stocks some kind of cheap imitation of the real thing. I actually can't believe how crappy the store looks - it's like a GAP with a piles of unfolded, made in China crap with Nova check all over it.

Do they make lower quality versions for their outlet stores or something?

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Stylish Dinosaur

I feel like the Burberry outlet near me stocks some kind of cheap imitation of the real thing. I actually can't believe how crappy the store looks - it's like a GAP with a piles of unfolded, made in China crap with Nova check all over it.

Do they make lower quality versions for their outlet stores or something?

I don't know, but my local Burberry outlet is fairly similar. Lots of pedestrian NovaCheck'ed tat. Occasionally they have some proper Made in England trenchs, but usually only Seconds... and so far, obviously so.