• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burberry Nova scarf

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
Despite the fact that this scarf can be seen everywhere, I really like the design and the classic and black colors. But @ $295, is it REALLY worth getting them? I know that it's more than just about functionality at this point but is this pushing it?

Also where would I be able to get real one at a discount? When would be the best time to buy them on sale? Would $150 be reasonable? Are there any other brands that sell similar design and color?

Thanks

Siggy

Reaction score
If you are foolish enough to pay an absolutely ridiculous sum to look like every other joe-shmo (and just about every girl), then go ahead and buy a Burberry nova scarf.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Well, it's their House check, so if you like the design, you should go for the original.

By the way, I found the cashmere scarf one of the Burberry items that are still of high quality. I really like mine and I paid full retail for it. For me, it's worth it, but this is a personal decision.

For 150$ I think it's a good deal. Not insane, but good.

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Siggy
If you are foolish enough to pay an absolutely ridiculous sum to look like every other joe-shmo (and just about every girl), then go ahead and buy a Burberry nova scarf.
Again I don't care for the fact that it's worn by many. I like the design and want to know where I can get them at discount or if there is another brand that has the same design and color schema

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ask some chavs, they know where to get knock-off Burberry WELL cheap, yea?
teacha.gif

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Ask some chavs, they know where to get knock-off Burberry WELL cheap, yea?
teacha.gif

Don't know any. Care to introduce me?
worship.gif
worship.gif

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you wear a fake burberry scarf you should use it as a noose.
Get the scarf with the Giant check, less people have that.
And if you dont want to buy the scarf at the store then you dont need it to be burberry get a polo plaid scarf and ask for the burberry for christmas.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got it at Nordstrom for about $175, but I don't wear it much since everyone else has fakes, and I irrationally don't want to be grouped as such.

Sebastian_Flyte

Reaction score
the Burberry nova check is easily the most cliche fashion accessory you could possibly have. I can't think of anything more played-out or overdone. Anything. Everyone and their MOTHER has had one.... since 2002!

Go for a swanky cashmere scarf at Saks, Nordstroms etc instead-- there's a bunch on sale now that spring is on the way, 100% cashmere by the same suppliers as the high-end brands and you can get them for $50-$100.

Composer_1777

Reaction score
the burberry scarf is a classic, if i tlooks good with certain colors or textures wear it, don't discriminate based on brand or trendiness. Then again i do try to avoid trends like the plague... hmm

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
My biggest concern is finding a genuine one. I see online some Cash scarves going for 99.90 some for $150 heck even one for $45. I don't wanna pay the full price but I'm weary of being duped.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ProfessorShak
My biggest concern is finding a genuine one. I see online some Cash scarves going for 99.90 some for $150 heck even one for $45. I don't wanna pay the full price but I'm weary of being duped.

You should buy mine. It's definitely real
inlove.gif

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ProfessorShak
If that's your biggest concern, might as well pay retail, as many of the fakes online are so good they'll leave you wondering. If your biggest concern is getting that pattern because you find it aesthetically pleasing, then just buy the cheapest one you see. FWIW, you can often find them in Burberry outlets for around $100-150 (cashmere).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads