• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Burberry not made in England! .. Armani not made in Italy!

Zamsonite

Reaction score
I don´t know if this has been issued before but I see a horrible trend among the famous designers recently. This is not a new trend but it is definately picking up in paste. You know what I am talking about..Yes? Italian designers are moving production of their clothes outside Italy and not just the cheapest lines but expensive suit-lines and shoe making. And English designers as well (not that I have ever been a big fan on the english wardrobe..but still). The fact that people are paying serious money for something that is made in a factory in Turkey or Romania or even Tunisia, seems to have become a natural thing, and it worries me. I would never pay the same money for a suit made in Romania as I would for an Italian made one. Not because i think it has anything to do with Romania .. It´s just the fact that a suit for me is not just about the suit. It´s about the tradition that the brand stands for and the knowledge of the art of clothes-making that is getting lost if production moves from its original home. When I last visited Milano i noticed that Versace, Armani, Burberry, Hugo Boss, Valentino, Zegna and more... All have a lot of their clothing made in either Turkey, Romania or Tunisia.

Armani have G-line and M-line both produced in Turkey? if I am not mistaken. These are suits about 1000Euros or more. Not the most expensive but still not cheap. For the same money one would get a Canali or Corneliani, a much better choice according to me. Is it just me or Is this bad trend bothering someone else?

Feel free to share your thoughts and share your experiences as well. And excuse my english, Its not my native language.
/The lawyer

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami