• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burberry no longer made by HF

eetrunks

Reaction score
Hi, it seems that burberry london is no longer made by HF and that it is made in itally. I was looking one of their suits that fit well on me but would like to know more about the maker and whether it is fully/half canvassed or fused. Anyone know? here is the link for the suit I'm thinking about.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalo...tegoryID=10257

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks like diffusion line crap.

Also, Hickey-Freeman does have Made in Italy goods. I think I recall rare Made in Italy suits, but at the very least they have Made in Italy knitwear.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh good, it's available in black.

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a side note, I have always thought Burberry wasn't doing themselves any favors by having HF make their suits (and at the Ltd. line at that). Nothing wrong with HF, but to the extent Burberry is going for a trendy, British sort of line, HF doesn't make a lot of sense. Something like T.M. Lewin, even, would work.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Oh good, it's available in black.
and the rayon allows it to double as a garbage bag

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a Burberry Union Made in USA suit from a retailer in Texas. I assume it is Hickey, it has his touch. Whether this suit is new just released or sitting on the rack two years is another matter.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
and the rayon allows it to double as a garbage bag

lol8[1].gif

eetrunks

Reaction score
Ok lol. I was wondering if this forum has different levels of crap? and if so what crap level is burberry at? =P

eetrunks

Reaction score
yeah it is no longer made by HF. I wanted to know if I could get info on the new manufacturer and whether it is canvassedor fused?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was curious about Burberry suits. I tried on a few and they fit great, but I'm a newbie so take it Burberry is on the same level as Boss et al on this forum. I'm still tempted by a $600 one on sale...

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirGrotius
I was curious about Burberry suits. I tried on a few and they fit great, but I'm a newbie so take it Burberry is on the same level as Boss et al on this forum. I'm still tempted by a $600 one on sale...

I'm still a relative n00b when it comes to suits too, but I've tried on multiple styles of suits from both Burberry and Hugo Boss, and I thought every Burberry suit was light years ahead of any of the crappy Boss suits. I recently picked up a Made in Italy Burberry suit at half price (paid a total of $549), and I thought it was well worth the money. I love the fit and I think it looks great.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i went to an outlet and tried on a burberry made in italy suit today. i tried one in my size and it wasn't bad. nice fabric and fabric selection and either half or full canvassed (didn't check thoroughly). price was 900 reduced from 1600. my suit nomenclature isn't well developed so all i can say is that it looked very italian (roping, stuctured) and the pants seemed small so i am guessing there is a bigger drop, maybe 7.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I'm still a relative n00b when it comes to suits too, but I've tried on multiple styles of suits from both Burberry and Hugo Boss, and I thought every Burberry suit was light years ahead of any of the crappy Boss suits. I recently picked up a Made in Italy Burberry suit at half price (paid a total of $549), and I thought it was well worth the money. I love the fit and I think it looks great.

+1 Agreed. I dont mind Burberry suits at all. Certainly the one I have is half canvassed and made of a good quality wool/cashmere blend. Style wise it was fairly typical Hickey Freeman. I would take this suit anyday over Hugo, Versace, and whatever other fused non-canvassed suit that appears on many a brand concious persons want list.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads