1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Burberry (london?)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yndmrk91, Jul 8, 2011.

1. yndmrk91

yndmrk91 Well-Known Member

Im interested in a Burberry suit. The tag is listed below, anyone know of the quality and value as opposed to other brands? I have search around the forum so I know it can be a hit or miss but I can't tell where is was made. At the risk of sound like the noob I am was it made in London? If so is that good? Thank you.

2. yndmrk91

yndmrk91 Well-Known Member

3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Are you wondering if that's a fake? I'm not sure, I'd need to see more pictures but something doesn't look quite right with that tag.

I own a Burberry London suit and like it. It's half canvassed and I got it on sale. I don't know if I'd pay full price.

It's a very slimming suit and the fabric feels good. They're made in Italy, not London. Older Burberry suits were made in the USA.

So, I'd give it a B+ in terms of fashion suits. Hope that helps!!

4. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

no, its not made in london. im fairly certain they are made in mexico or maybe canada. i wouldnt pay over 200ish for a burberry suit.

5. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Until recently, Burberry London was made in the USA by Hickey Freeman. I'm not sure who makes them now. They were half-canvassed. I think Obama used to wear Burberrys, also made in the USA by HF. HF leased the rights to the name Burberrys and Burberry London from the British parent company but no longer does so.

6. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

no, its not made in london. im fairly certain they are made in mexico or maybe canada. i wouldnt pay over 200ish for a burberry suit.

definitely made in italy now. still half canvassed (at least the slim fit suit i checked out)

7. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

definitely made in italy now. still half canvassed (at least the slim fit suit i checked out)

hmm. I remember looking at a few they had at the saks outlet awhile back...definitely werent made in italy...thnought for sure they were mexican...could be wrong though...maybe it was usa

8. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

All the 'Burberry London' gear one sees here has never been anywhere near London.

9. CHITON

CHITON Senior member

All the 'Burberry London' gear one sees here has never been anywhere near London.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]