• We would like to welcome Larimars Luxury Menswear as an official Affiliate Vendor. Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, and specializing in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check out their thread on here, welcome them, and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Burberry Jacket: Real or Fake?

Jude1517

Reaction score
I purchased this jacked second hand at a consignment store, wanted to know if it was authentic

Attachments

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My only concern would be the sloppy manner with which the labels are sewn in. Off centered and as though they had been reapplied in haste.

If it’s authentic, I believe it’s probably an older item.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s real because of the “tailored for” tag and the fact that it’s a DB jacket, something that I think is not a likely item to be counterfeited.

GaiusM

Reaction score
The label is certainly real however it has been cut and stitched quite sloppily.

GaiusM

Reaction score
Is that a sign that the jacket itself is not authentic? Or just did a sloppy job in production?
Burberry is not known for sloppy production.
As said above DB isn't likely to be counterfeit, nor is the "Tailored for Barths" tag.
I know a decent amount about spotting fake Burberry trenches but am not familiar with other items. The tag itself is fine. I suspect it was either hastily put on, perhaps cost cutting, or moved/ sewn in a more visible location at the retailer's request.
With everything else shown above, the lining, sewing, buttons etc. it looks real enough. Hard to say withough seeing in person.

monkey66

Reaction score
Looks real with a sloppy label application.

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greenerobeers