1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Burberry dress pants made in U.S.A.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NYCniceguy, Apr 22, 2005.

1. NYCniceguy

NYCniceguy Well-Known Member

I purchased a pair of Burberry wool slacks and am having second thoughts. "Imported" fabric, union made in U.S.A. according to the tag. $100 plus tax, plus alteration fees. What do you guys think?

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

Sounds expensive to me. Nice Ralph Lauren Purple Label can be had on Ebay for around $100-$125.

3. LongWing

LongWing Member

"Burberrys mens tailored clothing" is licenced to Hickey Freeman in the USA. It is possible that these are HF, in which case you got a good deal.

4. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

See if there's an RN number on the tag somewhere (there should be). You can trace it to see who made it. Probably Hickey.

5. Etruscan

Etruscan Senior Member

I've been seeing the same models of suits and sportcoats in both HF and Burberry outlets, so that explains it. Thanks for clearing that up.

6. NYCniceguy

NYCniceguy Well-Known Member

Are you trying to say that HF is higher quality than Burberry (even London made)? Or is it just your personal preference.

7. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I think the point is that Hickey is a known quantity, ie, we know they make a high quality garment. Burberry, on the other hand, sources their clothing from various manufacturers (like a lot of 'brands'). Knowing that these trousers were made by Hickey (I'm sure to Burberry's specs) makes it a reasonable assumption that these are high quality, and at $100 new a good buy. I think Hickey trousers sell for about three times that full retail.