1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Burberry, Canali, Zegna - number of questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Taranking, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Taranking

Taranking New Member

Hi Guys

I'm looking for a nice made to measure suit / off-the-rack + hemming. It happens that I live in Ireland and it's a choice deprived place. There are preety much two places to get a suit (Brown Thomas and Louise Copelnad) and this limits my brand choice to burberry, canali, zegna, rlpl and armani, but I won't even bother to look at armani since they started making t-shirts and tracksuits with their logo on it [every piece of a scum wears one]. Both stores I mentioned above have a service of getting things made to measure.

I'd really like to get Burberry, for the only reason that my 2nd most favourite character [Mike Ross from Suits] wears it. The only problem I have is that around the net [this forum included] people spoke really badly about Burberry. Is that still up-to-date opinion? It is some sort of a stigma? If you think they're overpriced, can you say why?

In relation to Zegna. There's EZ and ZZ. From what I saw in the store they had the same price range, but from what I read, ZZ are of worse quality, is it true?. Are all EZ's fully canvased, as opposed to ZZ's that tend to be half-canvased?

In before the whole "its all about the fit". With my size and posture, for as long as it's slim fit and 38R, it's preety much perfect from the get go. I only ever need to get the pants hemmed, although, I sometimes wish the jacket sleeves were a bit tighter and the back area might get tighter in the waist to accommodate my Marilyn Monroe-like dimensions (hence I might get it made to measure).

One, probably the biggest requirement I have, is that it's wool-silk blend. I really want that flash. I believe young people call it "hash tag swag" :)

Also, am I better off going with a bespoke suit (made by Louise) or made to measure labelled one?

Bit of a background info on me:
    - Lives in a shithole with worst domestic market ever found called Ireland
    - 18x cm, 66kg, I look so thin even the gays are talking shit to me in pubs %)
    - 24 yrs old, don't want grandpa suit
    - I like Harvey Specter just as much as Mike Ross, but Mike's body build is more like mine.

2. AriG

AriG Senior Member

EZ is about twice the price as ZZ, and fully canvassed. ZZ is fused, but can offer a great fit for thin guys. Try to get them on sale. Burberry is usually half canvassed but way overpriced. Also, english cut, very padded & structured with higher rise pants. Canali is good. Go try some suits on! Just to start you off.

Btw I'm 58kgs at 27. You're welcome.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015