• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bumps on my face?!

rotk

Reaction score
I have been on another forum for help but no one really responded so I'm going to ask the guys instead.

There are these little bumps on my face near my cheeks and I have no idea whether they're acne or not. I will say this, if I squeeze them, puss come outs so I'm guessing they are acne? I uploaded a pic to let you guys see. It's kind of embarrassing.

I want to ask help from the forums before I go see a derma.

Any advice on what to do?
frown.gif

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rotk
I have been on another forum for help but no one really responded so I'm going to ask the guys instead.

There are these little bumps on my face near my cheeks and I have no idea whether they're acne or not. I will say this, if I squeeze them, puss come outs so I'm guessing they are acne? I uploaded a pic to let you guys see. It's kind of embarrassing.

I want to ask help from the forums before I go see a derma.

Any advice on what to do?
frown.gif

Go see a dermatologist for any real advice. And don't panic...bumps happen.

rotk

Reaction score
Thanks I guess Derma really is the only option

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or,...you could go to a third forum!

MrMonkey

Reaction score
I would advise professional opinion. However I had similar thing. It turned out, they were ingrowing hairs! A good skin care routine seemed to help with it;
Exfoliate, Wash with a good quality, unscented face wash, rinse well and pat dry. Then a decent moisturiser if your skin is dry. Occasionally, I use a face tonic (Elemis, natural products). However, a dermatologist is your best bet. They should also be able to advise on what to use.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

As for the embarrasment, don't worry about it. I just let my shining personality distract from my ingrowing hair problem. Chances are if you forget it, other people will too!

Best wishes

Ippo

Reaction score
Looks like acne that is about to form. Try using some products containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide (at a low concentration at first, e.g. 2.5%) and see if it helps.

rotk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrMonkey
I would advise professional opinion. However I had similar thing. It turned out, they were ingrowing hairs! A good skin care routine seemed to help with it;
Exfoliate, Wash with a good quality, unscented face wash, rinse well and pat dry. Then a decent moisturiser if your skin is dry. Occasionally, I use a face tonic (Elemis, natural products). However, a dermatologist is your best bet. They should also be able to advise on what to use.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

As for the embarrasment, don't worry about it. I just let my shining personality distract from my ingrowing hair problem. Chances are if you forget it, other people will too!

Best wishes

Wow. That could be it. Thank you.

I willl also go to a derma to confirm but thank you again.

Scooba

Reaction score
Wash, then tone, then moisturize. Most people don't use toner. And, after you shave, don't splash cold water onto your face. The cold water makes the contract which traps stuff inside.

rotk

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. Is exfoliating too much also a problem.

g4l87

Reaction score
hi rotk haha i guess its time for me to help u with some advice now! u have seen my pics right? well almost a yr ago, u cant imagine how bad my skin was, full of acne cracks and what not.. i read a lot advices about using so and so gel but i didnt follow them instead once i made up my mind and went and met a dermatologist and he prescribed me with some oitments and showed me the way to use them and also wrote me some tablets and with proper use of those medications, my skin became good in 1 month! so quick! i could actually see the changes from the next day i started using the medications.. i thought my skin could never be fixed.. its better to consult a derma as he/she will check ur skin with a magnifying glass and stuff to know about it in detail.. good luck!

emeterioy

Reaction score
I work with a dermatologist and we see those often, its vulgaris acne, put some benzoyl peroxide on it. What happens is that you acne never fully came out so it's underneath the skin.

I recommend the Clean and Clear brand, its called persa gel 10% BP. Wash your face with a gentle face wash then apply the BP and wait 20min then moisturize, and dont forget to use a sunscreen in the morning.

Monaco

Reaction score
If they hurt then you know it is most likely acne in it's earlier stages. If you want a quick fix, go for a facial extraction where a professional pricks it with a needle and squeezes all of your zits out then cleanses your face. You'll be red for a few days after but you won't have too many problems with acne for at least a month.

freeAgent

Reaction score
That's definitely acne. You're lucky that it has (so far) not gotten terribly red or inflamed. However, that is also the type that is hardest to get rid of. It's likely being caused by not exfoliating enough (though, having said that, do NOT overdo it either...that can be worse). I'd recommend you try something like the AcneFree step 1 stuff in the shower, or some other benzoyl peroxide-based facial cleanser. You can use a toner after that, and then try another BP face cream for the day (watch out, it bleaches fabrics...so unless your bedclothes are white, don't use it at night or before putting your shirt on). Be sure the wash your face in the evening as well. I personally use Cetaphil sensitive skin cleanser.

I recommend you stay away from salacylic acid-based products. I've seen a couple dermatologists in my day and they have recommended against it.

rotk

Reaction score
Yeah I realize my type of acne could be the hardest to get rid of and I'm hoping that's not the case.

I finally made an appointment with a derma at the end of this month. I hope it goes well.

Thanks for all the advice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads