• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bumper Stickers.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
As a rule I can't stand bumper stickers - one of my random, not-particularly-reasoned pet peeves.
LK, what is a "campaign voter"? Does it mean something less redundant than a literal reading suggests?

A campaign voter is one of those people who put Bush/Cheney 04 or Gore/Edwards type of stuff on their items of possession.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumper stickers tend to be an inverse indicator of the car owner's IQ.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
A campaign voter is one of those people who put Bush/Cheney 04 or Gore/Edwards type of stuff on their items of possession.

Understood; thanks for the clarification. I'm not a fan of that practice. Likely I was just being overly semantic, but I was thrown by the "voter" in the phrase. Perhaps a "campaign booster", or "campaign supporter", might be a more descriptive term.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Understood; thanks for the clarification. I'm not a fan of that practice. Likely I was just being overly semantic, but I was thrown by the "voter" in the phrase. Perhaps a "campaign booster", or "campaign supporter", might be a more descriptive term.
Interestingly, when I wrote the post, I couldn't think of the (most apt) terms that refers to those type of people; but now you've supplied the correct terms.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, that is reserved for the Intelligent Design ichthys.

Same difference.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep my bumer simple but do have one of these on the back
koutu_momiji.gif
It is the sticker for elderly drivers to put on their cars in Japan. I thought it was funny because it used to be cool for drifters to put the New driver or Wakaba stickers on their cars. Now its 90% wannabes that fly the Wakaba.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate bumper stickers and think they're tacky but there are some that are funny:

"Jesus Saves - Gretzky get the rebound - He shoots - He scores!"

"Jesus loves you, but nobody else does"

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
I've always wanted to put a bumper sticker on my car that says, "My child was inmate of the month at the State Correctional Facility."

I have seen one that said "my son beats up your honor student and takes his lunch money"

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
"My President is Charlton Heston."

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Interestingly, when I wrote the post, I couldn't think of the (most apt) terms that refers to those type of people; but now you've supplied the correct terms.

I'm here to serve. Tipping not expected, but always appreciated.

itskub

Reaction score
Ive wanted to make my own ..

"Hows My Driving? Better then yours."

"Test Tube Baby On Board"

or a ribbon magnet that says "Support our Ribbons"

sartoriallychallenged

Reaction score
The best one I ever saw was one of those yellow triangular "baby on board" suction cup thingies but it said "Baby in trunk" instead. I nearly peed myself. My friend and I were honking and giving the driver thumbs up but I don't think they knew why...lol

muelleran

Reaction score
When I grew up in Germany in the eighties you could see this sticker on about every 5th car.

Atomkraft.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads