• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bumble and Bumble Sumotech

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Any negatives? I only see glowing reports. Is it really the most versatile hair product on the market?

raclotz

Reaction score
yes there should be... cant be all positive... wait for some time...

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it works great. my only gripe is that if you leave it in the car or it gets too warm, it will lose its fluffy quality and turn into more of a dense paste. it doesn't seem to work quite the same after that.

Crakaveli

Reaction score
the ingredient list is basically the same as american crew fiber

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my only complaint is using it in really hot humid weather. july and august in orlando i had to use something else because the humidity killed it after like an hour, but other than that i have no complaints about it.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's greasy. You will feel it on your forehead.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sumotech is great - I also am gonna give a thumbs up to sumowax, if you've got short hair (although my hair's pretty long and I'm still using it). And I hate to pimp BB so much, but if those two are too greasy for you, they make this stuff called surf spray which, if you have short hair, is great - the idea is that it's like having "salt water hair." It's super light weight, smells good, and is definitely not obnoxious or shiny.

god, I feel like an industry whore. My stylist (b&b salon) would be so proud.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rising this ***** from the dead to inquire about the pros and cons of Sumotech and Sumowax. Synthese, you mentioned that Sumowax is probably best for people with shorter hair. Why is that? They both sound like very similar products.

I've got shorter hair on the sides, but longer on top. I've always had thin/fine hair, but the longer hair actually gives the illusion of a more substantial head of hair. The problem is finding a product that will actually hold it in a messy, slightly lifted manner.

I tried American Crew Fiber a couple years ago, but found it to be so difficult to work with (prone to clumping) that I wound up tossing the entire jar. I'm willing to spend on a product that will actually give me great hold, but don't want this stuff to end up like my American Crew experience.

Exalt

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Sumotech and have been using it for several years since my hairstylist recommended it. I haven't really had much trouble in hot/humid weather even during these weird Michigan summers, which I am sure you may be familiar with. My hair is thick, but is similar in style to your's (shorter on the sides and longer on the top) and Sumotech continues to do the trick. I would also highly recommend it.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B&B products impress me. They recently (a year ago) came out with some new 'high tech" products - and the differences between them are exactly for what they say they are. They really have "engineered" their products.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to be a fan of Sumotech and Sumowax.

I now use Baxter clay pomade. It does what both sumotech and sumowax do combine without the slimy residue.

The only problem is that it might be too dry at times if you are putting it on dry hair.

+1 on sumotech turning to **** in hot weather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads