builty by wendy details exclusive

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hermes, Apr 28, 2006.

1. hermes

hermes Senior member

the may 2006 issue of details provides an exclusive offer to purchase a pair of built by wendy slim leg classic jean, but which can only be purchased with an american express card

even sizes available from 30 to 38
    inseams in 32 or 34
    zippered front
    japanese denim (does not indicate if selvage or not)

here is the photo from details:

[​IMG][/IMG]

email to:
    [email protected]

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I like Built By Wendy stuff (I own a pair of wrangler47 broken twill jeans and a couple shirts), but I have to at least see a picture of the cut before I plop down $145. Thanks for the heads up, though, hermes.

I'm also a little put off by the exclusivity of the corporate tie-in. I use straight cash, homie.

Did I read here that she's not doing Wrangler47 after this year? Is someone else going to design it?

3. horriblyjollyjinx

horriblyjollyjinx Senior member

japanese denim is such a gimmick. japanese denim is wack. japanese japanese denim is good.

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

japanese denim is such a gimmick. japanese denim is wack. japanese japanese denim is good.

It's a gimmick, but that isn't to say that all Japanese jeans with Japanese denim made in Japan are inherently good, and that all American jeans made with Japanese denim are bad. For instance, Rag&Bone, Prps and 5EP are all American brands that use Japanese denim and the quality of denim is amazing. On par with Eternal, SD'A, etc. Can't speak for the Pure Blue Japan jeans as I haven't seen them yet. But I want to.