building muscle to fit into clothes

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by aizan, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Senior member

in that case, eat every hour

and energy dense foods. like laksa.

2. longskate88

longskate88 Senior member

I don't have much to add, except I'm 5'7" and 125lbs, and have the same problem. I'm currently working out a little more, and eating a little more. We'll see in a couple months if any weight gain is achieved. I'm considering being a cop after college, and at 125lbs I wouldn't be very imposing ; )

3. aizan

aizan Senior member

good idea. that's doable.

4. Runningman411

Runningman411 Well-Known Member

I don't think that's what another poster meant by "body image issues." Your fear of getting "fat" is the issue. Trust me, you have a LONG way to go before anyone will call you fat. At least 60 lbs...The acid reflux doesn't help, either.

If you really must keep your body fat low, though, expect to gain 1-2 lbs of lean mass or so per MONTH with a good exercise program and perfect nutrition...i.e., more protein, limited carbs/fats, set amount over maintenance. So, to increase your measurements by 2"? I'd say 8 months to a year.

Realistically, considering your aversion to food, I'd say 12-18 months.

5. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

This thread is making me reconsider losing 20 lbs from 155 lbs (5'8).

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but why in the hell would you want to be 5'8, 135 lbs? Have we really gotten so carried away with weight in this country that 5'8, 155 lbs. is considered fat?
    Do 5'8, 135 lbs. guys actually get laid? Those numbers might be acceptable for a 16 year old kid, but a man should have a little weight/muscle. Believe me, I'm no muscle head, but wanting to be 5'8, 135 lbs is just crazy.

6. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but why in the hell would you want to be 5'8, 135 lbs? Have we really gotten so carried away with weight in this country that 5'8, 155 lbs. is considered fat?
    Do 5'8, 135 lbs. guys actually get laid? Those numbers might be acceptable for a 16 year old kid, but a man should have a little weight/muscle. Believe me, I'm no muscle head, but wanting to be 5'8, 135 lbs is just crazy.

The big issue is what it's composed of. I haven't changed weight since my sophomore year in high school. The difference is that there is more muscle and a lot less fat. I was 5'10" at 165 lbs and was definitely fat.

7. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

eat food and lift weights, check back in 1 year.

You could join a gym and maybe use a trainer for a few months or just look up routines online or whatever. Or just find a really big muscle dude and do what he does. Most gyms when you sign up have someone there that will show you how all the machines work for free.

8. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

The big issue is what it's composed of. I haven't changed weight since my sophomore year in high school. The difference is that there is more muscle and a lot less fat. I was 5'10" at 165 lbs and was definitely fat.

Fat where exactly, or as determined by whom? Not doubting a 5'10, 165 lb. guy could have a gut, but if so, it's unlikely that he'd have "fat" arms or "fat" legs, because if he did, he'd weigh more than 165. Maybe this is where the term skinny-fat comes into play?

9. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Fat where exactly, or as determined by whom? Not doubting a 5'10, 165 lb. guy could have a gut, but if so, it's unlikely that he'd have "fat" arms or "fat" legs, because if he did, he'd weigh more than 165. Maybe this is where the term skinny-fat comes into play?

Yup. Stick arms, a gut, etc.

10. TheRookie

TheRookie Senior member

Since you are starting from a totally untrained point, those measurement increases could be achieved in a month. Easily.

Squat, deadlift, dip (or bench press), overhead press
    Eat a lot. When you can't swallow any more food, starting chugging whole milk.
    Sleep a lot.
    Repeat.

11. plhoang

plhoang Well-Known Member

Training for aesthetics is not a very enjoyable endeavor.

People train for other reasons? I'm confused....

12. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

body sculpting?

13. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Strength training / powerlifting

14. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

Not when all that fat is located in your thighs, butt, and stomach.

I'm gonna tone.

/waits for kunk to come and rip me a new butthole

15. plhoang

plhoang Well-Known Member

Strength training / powerlifting

Was joking. [​IMG]