• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buglari 7-Fold VS Cesare Attolini 7-Fold...

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
I am stuck between these two makes of ties...

I have read on here and Ask Andy that Buglari has some of the finest silk in their ties...

Ceasre Attolini has very light silk?

Help me make my decison...

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bulgari makes a "nicer" tie. They also use really ugly silk.

Attolini makes a pretty darn nice tie.

Neither of them sound as nice as that link that you posted for the shop in Bologna. If I were you, I would call them up and ask them to send you some ties. They will undoubtedly be cheaper and nicer.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
The Bulgari twill they use for prints is outstanding. You have to like the designs, however, and I for one don't. I have never found Attolini silk to be flimsy, but I have limited experience with their ties. I also think that, unlike Bulgari, they don't tend to source from one maker, thus the characteristics of their silks are more likely to vary from tie to tie.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm an Attolini Tie whore.

They make some great, classic and conservative styles; great for biz ness.
The silk is higher end on all of mine than I've seen on Kiton, Borrelli etc.

The only neg as was pointed out to me, is that some may have potential to snag easier than some more tighly woven ties.

I love them though, and will continue to purchase them.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
I'm an Attolini Tie whore.

They make some great, classic and conservative styles; great for biz ness.
The silk is higher end on all of mine than I've seen on Kiton, Borrelli etc.

The only neg as was pointed out to me, is that some may have potential to snag easier than some more tighly woven ties.

I love them though, and will continue to purchase them.

They make some nice ties, but I think that the quality of the Kiton silk is a lot nicer. Whether you like the patterns is another story, but the silk is great.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Chris, your dilemna - being stuck between two very well-made tie brands -- strikes me as odd. Given that you're going to get a quality product either way, should you be picking the tie you like the most rather than the "best" tiemaker?

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
:sl
Originally Posted by iammatt
Bulgari makes a "nicer" tie. They also use really ugly silk.

Attolini makes a pretty darn nice tie.

Neither of them sound as nice as that link that you posted for the shop in Bologna. If I were you, I would call them up and ask them to send you some ties. They will undoubtedly be cheaper and nicer.

Yeah, Cometa Cravatte...

I know they make some outstanding ties...

Hmm, Matt, you may be on to something...
smile.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris "Italia"
:sl

Yeah, Cometa Cravatte...

I know they make some outstanding ties...

Hmm, Matt, you may be on to something...
smile.gif

I bet they will ship if you ask them to do so. They are probably not too experienced with it, so you might have to back and forth a little.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, fellows...

I saw some Buglari ties, and I thought the silk was amazing, as for Attolini, I have only heard nothing but good things about them...

I know there are quite a few ties on my list for Christmas.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
I bet they will ship if you ask them to do so. They are probably not too experienced with it, so you might have to back and forth a little.

Yeah that's the downside, and pay for shipping....
frown.gif

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
They make some nice ties, but I think that the quality of the Kiton silk is a lot nicer. Whether you like the patterns is another story, but the silk is great.

I saw a row of Kiton ties; marked down from 215 to 140 at NM, and the salesperson told me that if you wait till December 1st, they will be down to 115.

So many ties; yet so little time and money!

Leslierc

Reaction score
I've become a HUGE Bugari tie fan. I really like the silk and the way they tie. I own a dozen of them so far. Unfortunately, the Bugari store in Chevy Chase hasn't added to their stock of ties for quite some time.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bulgari and Attolini are completely different, so I am not sure why you are choosing between the two makers.

Bulgari is known for the silk and print quality. Think of them as Hermes, with 7 fold construction, and very ugly designs.

Attolini is good for the weaves and light weight (you can get a light weight tie from a lot of other places too though). Personally, I like their designs a lot but there is better quality out there.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you go to a Bulgari store, you will find many ties and many beautiful patterns. For my money, they have the best printed silk, period. If you are into that whole Hermes/Ferragamo tie aesthetic, Bulgari is incomparable.

This person has a bunch of Bulgari 7 folds for about $107. I'm not a big printed tie fan, but some of the patterns of his ties I would wear.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Thanks for the detail Ed.

I do love printed ties. As for the woven ties; Kiton makes a good one and the best is Charvet?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads