1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bugatti Veyron - Pegaso Edition

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by avec_moi, Aug 4, 2007.

1. avec_moi

avec_moi Member

I would seriously fuck this car...

http://jalopnik.com/cars/booyah-buga...ugh-285512.php

2. DNW

DNW Senior member

That car is stunning! At least this dude has taste, or paid for someone who does. He'll probably wife his ass on it, just because he could.

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I don't know who this Pegaso they reference is, but the most noted auto Pegaso was the very exclusive government-sponsered Spanish car factory that was built on the remains of the old Hispano-Suiza works. This was a small departure from their usual fare of trucks and such. Wifredo Ricart was the engineer who actually did indeed work for Alfa Romo pre-war, and also was a competitor to Ferrari, the man. [​IMG] In fact, I don't really think there was a coachbuilder named Pegaso that worked with Alfa and Ferrari during the '50s. I'm convinced this person made the whole thing up.

4. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

Double post

5. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

Am I the only person who truly dislikes Bugatti's? Everyone always seems to rave, but if the pricetag was nearer to a 100,000 I would still be looking at others. It seems to be a race-car made sreet legal without updating the aesthetics.

I think LK's posted car is great and I saw a vintage Ferrari from the mid-late 60s today; that is a car that was stunning or that I would "seriously fuck"

6. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I would seriously fuck this car...

http://jalopnik.com/cars/booyah-buga...ugh-285512.php

God... the guy lives in the burj al arab... Even for a billionaire, that's a complete waste of money. Why doesn't he build himself a kickass house like every other billionaire?

7. TheIdler

TheIdler Senior member

LK, you're right about Ricart being the man and Pegaso the brand. Jalopnik got it wrong, though Ricart did work at Alfa during the pre-war period, overlapping some with Enzo Ferrari's time there. (Huh, I just realized that both went on to found companies with horses as their logos.) Some of those Pegasos were amazing, with bodies designed by Jacques Saoutchik. Baron von Thyssen's was reputed to have authentic leopard fur upholstery. Those heady, halcyon pre-PETA days.

Also, OT, but in the original quote it brings up Dubai's seven-star hotel. Ooh, seven! I've never understood this--is this meaningful? Or is it just like, say, redesigning your amp so you can say, "this one goes to eleven"?

8. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Senior member

The new one isn't bad, it's excessive but not bad. I love the vintage Bugatti's of the yesteryears, especially the Type 57 drophead.
    [​IMG]

9. avec_moi

avec_moi Member

Am I the only person who truly dislikes Bugatti's? Everyone always seems to rave, but if the pricetag was nearer to a 100,000 I would still be looking at others. It seems to be a race-car made sreet legal without updating the aesthetics.

I think LK's posted car is great and I saw a vintage Ferrari from the mid-late 60s today; that is a car that was stunning or that I would "seriously fuck"

I typically think the Veyrons are ugly as hell...like a delorean raped a motorcycle from Tron, but this particular one I like, perhaps for just the colors. :/

As for other Bugatti's, they are indeed 'meh' at best.

10. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

That car is stunning! At least this dude has taste, or paid for someone who does. He'll probably wife his ass on it, just because he could.

On the contrary, he has no taste. Everything that he gets he has customized and then has big plaques stating it's "1 of 1 limited edition" or something like that. He has the Zonda that's yellow with yellow ostrich interior. Also note the license plate - #1. He pays a fortune for his license plates (millions). He doesn't like cars. It's all part of the show. He wants to be a big player and these are his show-off toys to announce that he's made it and so he can buy into the society he wants to be a part of.

11. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Good point Zjpj.

Still, the car looks good at least. But if I lived in Dubai, the Burj al Arab would not be my first choice for a residence. Kind of tacky.

JB

12. DNW

DNW Senior member

On the contrary, he has no taste. Everything that he gets he has customized and then has big plaques stating it's "1 of 1 limited edition" or something like that. He has the Zonda that's yellow with yellow ostrich interior. Also note the license plate - #1. He pays a fortune for his license plates (millions). He doesn't like cars. It's all part of the show. He wants to be a big player and these are his show-off toys to announce that he's made it and so he can buy into the society he wants to be a part of.

I suspected that much, thus the comment

At least this dude has taste, or paid for someone who does.

13. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

That's just sad. And yellow ostrich never is in style.

14. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

I don't know who this Pegaso they reference is, but the most noted auto Pegaso was the very exclusive government-sponsered Spanish car factory that was built on the remains of the old Hispano-Suiza works. This was a small departure from their usual fare of trucks and such.

Wifredo Ricart was the engineer who actually did indeed work for Alfa Romo pre-war, and also was a competitor to Ferrari, the man.

[​IMG]

In fact, I don't really think there was a coachbuilder named Pegaso that worked with Alfa and Ferrari during the '50s. I'm convinced this person made the whole thing up.

Now, there's a beautiful car. It reminds me of the Facel Vega.

Top Gear's Veyron vs airplane race was a fun little jaunt. Other than that, I don't care if I never see another Veyron again.

15. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Pegasus = the immortal winged horse
    This car has more horsepower than standard.

I think that's as far as the logic went. My guess is he wasn't making an allusion to any classic car.

16. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Do you have to order the bugatti two-toned? I never understood why people didn't go with one color instead of some of the hideous combos i've seen.

17. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Do you have to order the bugatti two-toned? I never understood why people didn't go with one color instead of some of the hideous combos i've seen.

No, there are many in all black out there.

18. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

Pegasus = the immortal winged horse This car has more horsepower than standard. I think that's as far as the logic went. My guess is he wasn't making an allusion to any classic car.
    if this were the case, they would have used the latin word 'pegasus', rather than the spanish, pegaso. edit: i just realized pegaso is also the italian word for pegasus, but even so, your theory would only make sense if bugatti had a horse for their emblem.

19. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

Most cars can only look good with a single color, but I think cars like Bugatti, Phantom, etc. look pretty good in 2 tone too.

20. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

if this were the case, they would have used the latin word 'pegasus', rather than the spanish, pegaso.

edit: i just realized pegaso is also the italian word for pegasus, but even so, your theory would only make sense if bugatti had a horse for their emblem.

It may not be part of their emblem, but traditionally Bugattiā€™s have a horse-shoe shaped grill.

Jon.