• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bugatti, meet lake.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will Bugatti take it back to do a ground-up rebuild? It seems a waste to just let it go.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
They said he took it in stride. That's big time.

A recent purchase, no less. If he'd had it since, say 2006, I could see getting blase about it, but to have had it a few weeks/months and then put it in the lake? I would not have gotten out of the car after it went in.

Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Will Bugatti take it back to do a ground-up rebuild? It seems a waste to just let it go.

I thought all cars could be restored, but who knows what kind of crazy/short-production-run electronics would need to be replaced.

I thought it interesting that the driver/owner wouldn't allow his (insert woman driver joke here) name to be released, but from what I read all sorts of people rang him up after word got out. I guess he told quite a few people about it. Well, about buying the car, probably.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jakejake
No pelican. It was caught on tape here: http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/11...sh-caught.html
pwned!
teacha.gif
facepalm.gif
Award Winner "Look at that, dude. That will be mine one day." "What is it?" "I'm pretty sure it's a Lambo, dude." ... Uploaded for all the world to see what a dumbass you are: priceless.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think the odometer registers nautical miles?

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
pwned!
teacha.gif
facepalm.gif
Award Winner "Look at that, dude. That will be mine one day." "What is it?" "I'm pretty sure it's a Lambo, dude." ... Uploaded for all the world to see what a dumbass you are: priceless.

lol8[1].gif
But hey, at least both companies are owned by VW, so he was sort of close. Jalopnik was reporting that the Bug owners is the same guy who bought and repaired the Eddie Griffin damaged Enzo Ferrari.

Robertito

Reaction score
Quote from article:

“It hurts your ego more than anything,” Smith said of his customer's reaction to the wreck. “He wasn't doing anything stupid.”

I'd say bending over to pick up your cell phone is pretty stupid.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well at least it is not EB110. It is an ugly BauhausVolkswagen and it belongs in a lake. The owner should make an artificial coral reef from it and sell tickets to divers.

tor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
Do you think the odometer registers nautical miles?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Oh god, what a dumbass. Rich punkass *****.

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I thought it interesting that the driver/owner wouldn't allow his (insert woman driver joke here) name to be released, but from what I read all sorts of people rang him up after word got out. I guess he told quite a few people about it. Well, about buying the car, probably.

There are (were?) only 15 in the US, so narrowing down who it was wouldn't have been difficult.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The owner/driver is Andy House:

"Andy House himself confirmed to us he owns the Enzo crashed by Griffin. Ironically, the business House owns is Performance Auto Sales, which sells repaired exotic cars. According to House he's one of the largest salvage auto dealers in the world."

He just got one more added!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics