• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buenos Aires

pallena

Reaction score
Cross posted on AskAndy - Going to Buenos Aires at the end of November. Any suggestions for custom clothing (leather, suits etc.), shopping, cutlery, food etc.? Thanks.

sapphos

Reaction score
Be cautious about the quality of the leather goods especially on Florida Street - you can get some great deals but you can also get taken for a ride if you don't pay attention.

Cutlery is not the best thing to buy here unless you are planning to buy gaucho style knives that have the most beautiful work on the handles, that's what I wold focus on. Also, you can find some georgeous silver work.

If you plan to buy some cool things to take back that are Argentina, take the train to Tigre (you can get there by the Tren de la Costa) and go to the Puerto de Frutos market http://www.puertodefrutos-arg.com.ar/ While you'll still end up paying some tourist prices, you can find some incredible deals as well on everything from leather to mate gourds to beautiful knife work, etc. Plan a whole day shopping trip here.

For some georgeous mens' clothes (and the prices to go with them) check out Etiqueta Negra - all clothes by a fabulous Argentine designer. They've got stores all over the city.

November is a great time to hit the city. It's not too hot yet and things haven't shut down for the peak summer months. Artistan fairs are everywhere. Enjoy the trip.
Originally Posted by pallena

Cross posted on AskAndy - Going to Buenos Aires at the end of November. Any suggestions for custom clothing (leather, suits etc.), shopping, cutlery, food etc.? Thanks.

mr. magoo

Reaction score
Do a search under the "search" function. Many helpful posts here and on AskAndy.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in BA in April and bought clothes but nothing custom. Noted custom shirts and even shoes but neglected to take down any addresses.

The best post regarding BA custom clothing on these boards was in the London Lounge by RWS in the City Guides section. www.londonlounge.net

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would bring a tube of good ointment from muscle cramps to apply to your neck while in BA.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
I was in BA in April and bought clothes but nothing custom. Noted custom shirts and even shoes but neglected to take down any addresses.

The best post regarding BA custom clothing on these boards was in the London Lounge by RWS in the City Guides section. www.londonlounge.net

Unfortunately, I think you need to be a full member to see that guide (I am not). Also, the url is thelondonlounge.net

I'm going to BA in about ten days and will report back.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pallena
Off the top of my head for Italian food: Celetto (Barrio Norte), La Parolaccia (Puerto Madero), Luigi's (located on Estado de Israel). For Empanadas & Pizza: Los Maestros (Barrio Norte, it's on Uriburu somewhere...) Jon.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm going to BA tomorrow, for a week. I found some useful information here using the search function. I'll have some pics and info when I get back.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
the names escape me now, but there are a number of excellent polo bootmakers there that can also do great bespoke shoes.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Isn't Casa Fagliano there? It's gotten some press recently as a maker of bespoke shoes and polo boots. Of course, those generally take a lot of time to make and fit.

mcer

Reaction score
I am in BA right now put not having much luck finding good deals in mens cloths.

Some great stores but prices are nothing special.

Rene'

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 255 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.7%