• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Budget Look" picture thread

twosnapsandgo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisb0109
Thanks.

Most stuff is from H&M. If you pick carefully, you don't have to look like you are wearing a 12 year old boy's clothing.

Both suits, navy chinos, and the light jacket (which is actually grey) are from H&M.

Green knit tie was thrifted, blue knit is from Macy's, and grey knit was on sale at Urban Outfitters ($5).

Pocket squares and boat shoes are from Target.

Sweater is French Connection.

Yellow shirt is Ralph Lauren, Green shirt was on sale at Urban outfitters, white shirt I don't remember.

Jeans are from Gap and boots are Stacy Adams Madisons.

HM?
worship.gif
You proved Style comes with any budget. I've only been to HM once but seeing your pics I am going to check it out.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
What are you stepping on here
confused.gif

Thompsons gazelle skins that adorn my fireplace

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Very cool if you shot them yourself.

- B

I woke up one morning and shot these gazelles in my Sulka pajamas, how they got onto them I'll never know.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I eagerly await the inevitable all-pocket-squares-and-only-pocket-squares outfit. A patchwork approach could work, but so could a single square strategically draped--it could be a new, non-discounted Charvet and you'd still be playing by the rules!

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dibs on the "onesquare" outfit.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by twosnapsandgo
HM?
worship.gif
You proved Style comes with any budget. I've only been to HM once but seeing your pics I am going to check it out.

H&M is by far the best cheap clothing I buy. If you're a smaller/slimmer person it's a 100x better fit than BR or jcrew and 1/2 or even 1/3 the price.

This "Belloq from Raiders" getup was bought at H&M for a trip to turkey/egypt, almost more for fun than actual fashion, but the suit was $100, shirt $40, hat $8, shoes are brown suede clarks that I got at Nordstrom rack for like $50. Was a fun night in cairo when these were taken.

hmlinen1.jpg
hmlinen2.jpg

250pxbelloq.jpg

JG000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisb0109
All pieces under 100 on pretty much everything I have. Technically, the blue suit was sold as suit separates, otherwise, it would be just over.

Photo09261639.jpg

_MG_9558.jpg

_MG_9596.jpg

greentie.jpg

Dude. Outstanding.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unfortunately H&M sells mostly for super thin/skinny people. Even if you're athletic, its tough.

CDN1989

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
Just to break the ice for you shy types:
Ferragomo shoes $25
Loro Priana pants $59
Willis and Geiger DB jacket $65
Hermes shirt $70
Tie $35
Bowler $85
Juicy Couture boxer shorts $25
All through Ebay
Who says you can't look dapper on a budget
Didn't think a tread could go down hill so fast, did ya.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This does not look good IMO, looks like your trying to hard.

shawnd64

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JG000
Dude. Outstanding.

Seriously! Where do you find these items! I am new to dressing nice (post college) and could use some hints!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads