• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker

BudayShoes

Reaction score
Dear footwear friends!

Lately we are experiencing some interesting happenings around our company.

Therefore, we’d like to inform that,
In our manufacture we are producing exclusively hand-made, top-quality men and women shoes. You can see the six different technologies on our website.
http://budayshoes.com/page/en/welting.html
We do sell one different model in our shop, (Norweger model) which is made with goodyear technology, in Hungary.
http://budayshoes.com/cipok/buday-shoes-FR2-03.png?q=1470647983
This technology is considerably cheaper than our hand-made shoes and we always inform our customers about it.

08/08/2016.
Buday Shoes Team​

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Recent orders/makeups (Massdrop is running a Buday drop :) :

Museum calf, 270 degree welt, Vibram Gumlite sole.

Oxblood shell brogues

Tobacco shell budapesters

Green calf budapesters

Blue hatch oxford wieners

Blue hatch norwegers

Blue hatch PTB's

Blue hatch budapesters

Tobacco shell PTB's

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks but what about the shoes?
In fairness, the Weins are not my favorite of the bunch (budapesters and brogues are), but there was no way I missing out on that obvious joke
thumbs-up.gif

yunBW

Reaction score
NEED HELP: I'm kind of stuck between either to get a pair buday shoes or 1-2 pairs carmina. I'm turning 18 and I worked during summer to treat myself with quality leather shoes, but buday semi brogues is for $475 in massdrop and I don't know if I feel justified to pay that much for a pair... However, carmina is like $350 and I'm planning to wait for a sale to probably buy it for under $300. I wonder if I will feel the difference between carmina quality and buday while wearing them. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NEED HELP: I'm kind of stuck between either to get a pair buday shoes or 1-2 pairs carmina. I'm turning 18 and I worked during summer to treat myself with quality leather shoes, but buday semi brogues is for $475 in massdrop and I don't know if I feel justified to pay that much for a pair... However, carmina is like $350 and I'm planning to wait for a sale to probably buy it for under $300. I wonder if I will feel the difference between carmina quality and buday while wearing them. Thank you!

I've got both and I'd say Budays are far more comfortable than Carmina. I feel a difference.

$475 is a really good price for shoes the quality of Budays.

Whichever brand you go with be as sure as you can about sizing and how the last fits.

Last edited:

yunBW

Reaction score

I've got both and I'd say Budays are far more comfortable than Carmina. I feel a difference.

$475 is a really good price for shoes the quality of Budays.

Whichever brand you go with be as sure as you can about sizing and how the last fits.

Buday is frankno last which is like D width I suppose and I emailed skoak with my Brannock sizing picture about Carmina rain last and they recommended me with UK 7. I'm worried if buday will fit well on the width.
8151be404a9f52e576f53ddc78b3bc8a.jpg

I took the picture while I'm siting because camera wouldn't focus. My width will be between D and E when I stand.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are you going to get Carmina's for even $350 nowadays, much less sub-$300?

Generally speaking, the standard pricing for Carmina (sales notwithstanding, are around $450), which would make Buday the eminently superior choice.

yunBW

Reaction score

Where are you going to get Carmina's for even $350 nowadays, much less sub-$300?

Generally speaking, the standard pricing for Carmina (sales notwithstanding, are around $450), which would make Buday the eminently superior choice.
I'm checking the price with skoak international store, somehow I get it for cheaper. I want to know the quality of buday is comparable to which popular shoes brand? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yunbw,

You would be a 7 UK in the Frakno last. Only you can decide whether you prefer 1 $500 shoe or 2-$300 shoes, either way it's a big investment for an 18 year old. If your shoe wardrobe is not extensive, getting 2 shoes would probably be the smart choice. The reality is that if you take good care of your shoes, they will last you fir many years, be they Allen Edmonds or Buday.

Since you asked comparables, I would say Vass is the easiest comparison to make to Buday since they are both made in the same city using the same methods. The difference between Buday and Carmina are things that you may or may not care about (hand welting versus Goodyear, German boxcalf versus what Carmina uses, outsole quality, interior lining/support).

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate to break it to OP, but as soon as you try to check out, the gents from Skoak are going to charge you the US price. That is, assuming you're in the US.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads