• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fraknó looks best on the pairs I've seen. Most of Buday's lasts are sadly on the blobby or Hungarian side. They work well in leisure pairs but lack curves that do a smart pair make. I wonder if Buday would break it to a wider audience if they too had some lasts made by Ugolini.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ironic that a Hungarian maker would be penalized for having designs faithful to their style of shoe making

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While I can't recommend the Frakno last enough and think Ed is doing us all a favor featuring it, I'd also say that Buday is likely just fine without any Ugolini lasts. :)

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I can't recommend the Frakno last enough and think Ed is doing us all a favor featuring it, I'd also say that Buday is likely just fine without any Ugolini lasts.
smile.gif
+1. Happy to see and wear different styles and lasts. Hungarian lasts are cool and very comfortable for many feet.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but can Ed have a pair of shoes done MTM for customers?

Perhaps the better question (assuming the above is a no): could a group MTM be done?

Note: God bless the man (or gal) who can wear those new tri-color boots. Those things are badass! I like me some out there shoes (love spectators), but those are definitely too bold for my blood...definitely a cool, unique look though.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd guess the question that should have been asked as well, is there a noticeable upcharge for a MTM?

As far as I recall, @edmorel has no upcharge even for single MTO's. He's just fuckin' cool like dat!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'd guess the question that should have been asked as well, is there a noticeable upcharge for a MTM?

There wasn't at the time I did my MTO last spring. Terms are extremely reasonable and I'd say the prices would be about in line with what's on Panta right now.

Ed will obviously have the last word.

Also, Ozzy is, as usual, correct.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There wasn't at the time I did my MTO last spring. Terms are extremely reasonable and I'd say the prices would be about in line with what's on Panta right now.

Ed will obviously have the last word.

Also, Ozzy is, as usual, correct.
Cheers gents!

I would echo the sentiment, mid 6, low 7 with bags and trees included in the price seems immensely reasonable.

Though I suppose the same can be said of cordovans coming in sub 900 with the aforementioned goodies.

A long winded way of saying, a good deal indeed.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Cheers gents!

I would echo the sentiment, mid 6, low 7 with bags and trees included in the price seems immensely reasonable.

Though I suppose the same can be said of cordovans coming in sub 900 with the aforementioned goodies.

A long winded way of saying, a good deal indeed. 

Without a doubt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads