1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bucharest tailors

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by brescd01, May 10, 2005.

1. brescd01

brescd01 Senior Member

Someone on theis board recommended a Bucharest tailor named "Negrila," near the Hotel Intercontinental. Finding this tailor has become both a quest, and a source of marital strife between my wife and I. Please, please, can anyone enlighten me about where this tailor is?

2. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Are you going to Bucuresti, Bresch?

3. mack11211

mack11211 Distinguished Member

Have you tried speaking to a manager or concierge at the hotel?

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Stylish Dinosaur

my old office had a bespoke tailor on the ground floor, and wasn't too far from the interconti. I can't for the life of me remember the guys name, though. he might be the one you are looking for. I have heard good things about him, but I never used him.

here is the address:

UNION Business Center
    11 Ion Campineanu St.,
    Sector 1, Bucharest
    Romania

it is right across from the archetecture school.

5. brescd01

brescd01 Senior Member

Hmm, RJMan you spell Bucharest the Romanian way? Yes, I am going, to attend a wedding.

6. Rabbi Mark

Rabbi Mark Well-Known Member

Negrila is not near the Intercontinental, it's near the Athenee Palace Hilton, off of Cailea Victoriei and Episcopiei.

I haven't been to Buchie in a couple of years, but have been to Negrila at least five times, so here's my best shot at directions --

If you're standing outside of the Hilton and looking directly at the front door, turn right and start walking (away from Victoriei). After maybe 50-75 metres, you'll face a fork in the road with a narrow street going off to the right and left of a pie-shaped building.

Go to the right and about three doors down on the left hand side is Negrila. I don't think there's a sign, but there should be some faded pictures torn from magazines that look to be 1970s vintage. Ignore these and walk in.

If you live in Bucharesti, I can give you my friend's mobile and he'll give you better directions in the event this fails.

sorry to be the source of marital strife.

Mark