• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bryant Gumbel

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If only he got to see the way some of you dress.
lol8[1].gif

Dewi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
I'm missing it.
The shirt collar seems to be close around his neck.
What is 1000x more noticeable is the "wave" on his chest.
Is that what you're talking about?

That's because there's a huge overlap where his tie knot is. He needs a smaller necked shirt.

DoTheGrownup

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
p.s. He is the whitest black man in history. Whiter - arguably - than William Buckley. Is that statement racist(?) Methinks not. But discuss.

According to Dave Chappelle, Wayne Brady makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X. So then.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
What does this have to do with anything? He is well spoken and well educated = whitest black man?

Uh ohhhhhhhh....

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DoTheGrownup
According to Dave Chappelle, Wayne Brady makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X. So then.

True - Wayne Brady is white as fock. As is Clarence Thomas. Some black men are actually whiter than white men. It's like the Chappelle episode where the leader of the Klan is black, but he's blind, so he doesn't know it. Then when he finds out he's black, he divorces his wife for being a "ni--a lover". LULz...best show on television...Chappelle is a genius...

dscabicky207

Reaction score
Don't judge him by there photos as some of them are older. Gumbel is a great dresser and looks good in clothes. He is ill with lung cancer at the moment but is doing well

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
I'm missing it.
The shirt collar seems to be close around his neck.
What is 1000x more noticeable is the "wave" on his chest.
Is that what you're talking about?

The ends of the collar is jamming into each other.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by westinghouse
If only he got to see the way some of you dress.
lol8[1].gif

My thoughts exactly.

Dewi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
no. shirt's designed to have negative tie space.

It looks like wardrobe couldn't find a shirt the right size, and just said "Here, put this on, and tighten your tie". Ergo, dumb and sloppy.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good dresser ... but I haven't seen him in years.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dscabicky207
Don't judge him by there photos as some of them are older. Gumbel is a great dresser and looks good in clothes. He is ill with lung cancer at the moment but is doing well
Since this is your first post on Styleforum, let me ask you; You joined SF just to type this crap? I don't give a s@#t if he has lung cancer. Nor do I give a s@#t if he is doing well or not. Does Bryant Gumbel care if I had surgery 2 weeks ago? Not bloody likely. Lastly, that man hasn't dressed himself for 25 years. Others do it for him. He doesn't pay one cent for his clothes. Wait.........! I have wasted all these keystrokes falling into your trap. You must be Bryant Gumbel.
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads