• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bryan Ferry Fans

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen several Bryan Ferry fans on this site (both because of his music and clothing) and noticed that he will be the new "face" of M&S (Marks and Spencer) for this fall.

Who's M&S? Never heard of them.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? M&S are a huge high street retailer. From clothes to food to financial services. Clothes are similar to Gap or BR in the US.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Marks & Spencer is like the J.C. Penney's of England.

Large department store with locations in practically every town of that country.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My question is Who is Bryan Ferry? And why should I care what he wears?

I'm serious. I only ever see his name in context of where he shops, and never a comment what he actually does. Is he the Rula Lenska of tailored clothing?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Aha. Even I've heard of them. Although I was blissfully unaware of any of the constituent members' identity.

Reaction score
Also featuring some bloke by the name of Brian Eno.

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
My question is Who is Bryan Ferry? And why should I care what he wears?

I'm serious. I only ever see his name in context of where he shops, and never a comment what he actually does. Is he the Rula Lenska of tailored clothing?

You couldn't have googled him?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
Is he the Rula Lenska of tailored clothing?

Who's Rula Lenska?

And yes, I could google it, but I'm feeling lazy
smile.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Bryan Ferry is a god, a genius, a visionary who fused Pop Art with music and helped to remake and remodel rock & roll. He's also the coolest man in the world, if not in history. Sadly, in recent years his work's been a bit hit or miss and he reissues greatest hits compilations every six months for money.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bryan Ferry is an example of chic. Also early Eno, who looked like a Weimar transvestite. They were dressed by English couturier, Antony Price, including the fantastically sexual cover with Amanda Lear, looking an ironic Aryan prototype.
bryanferry.jpg
Bryan-Ferry-Another-Time-Anot-228015.jpg
Eno:
brian_eno1.jpg

darkoak

Reaction score
Bryan Ferry and his sons are also appearing in the most recent Burberry ads

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkoak
Bryan Ferry and his sons are also appearing in the most recent Burberry ads
Otis Ferry was the topic of a recent thread on another forum. Rula Lenska: I'm Rula Lenska... Do you like my hair?

ferry1950

Reaction score
A couple of things to add-
Ferry is in the Vanity Fair life time acheivement hall of fame but, his fans are still waiting for he and Roxy Music to be included in the Rock and Roll hall of fame (although they do have a 1973 black shiny number on display).
With that said, it is still about the music for me.
From a style side, Ferry has morphed from glitter to country gent over the last 30 years and he is a beacon for those of us that have travelled the same 70s-80s-90s 2000s clothing path.
I wear suits and have for the last 30 years.
The styles have changed, but over the last 12 years I have found my groove and have sustained it thanks to Ferry, Cary Grant, William Powell and other "style guides" that keep me focused.
ghw

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've finally introduced myself to Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music...RJ's right, this guy is a god. Awesome tunes. Quite the dresser as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads