• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bruno Piattelli for Barneys New York??

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Posted this in the thrifting thread but figured it would get more attention here. snagged a MINT charcoal 85% wool 15% cashmere peaked lapel double breasted top coat. It's made in Italy by Bruno Piattelli for Barney's. Of course its to small for me at a 40R, but i figured it was a good buy anyways since i should be able to sell it and buy a couple things for me, or trade it off on here. Anyone familiar with this brand? Also whats it worth, just want to make sure i didn't pay too much since i have a few days to return it. pics of the tags

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm familiar with their ties and squares. The squares are iffy/entry level. The ties are a little better.

AFIK they are not a barney's house brand... this has been discussed before. I've seen Piatelli at a number of other shops.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caruso makes Barneys NY house brand.

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I'm familiar with their ties and squares. The squares are iffy/entry level. The ties are a little better.

AFIK they are not a barney's house brand... this has been discussed before. I've seen Piatelli at a number of other shops.

I've got an Isaia labelled Piatelli sportscoat. Not sure how old it is though.

shoefan

Reaction score
I believe the old -- say 15 years ago -- Bruno Piatelli stuff was made by Belvest, ( though perhaps it was Isaia rather than Belvest, their manufacturer tags in the inside breast pocket were similar). The labels were a black label with a cursive "Bruno Piatelli Roma". In the intervening years it became simply Piatelli, IIRC, and the manufacturer changed.

Sartorial1

Reaction score
I have several old Bruno Piatelli Roma ties.
Printed silks,
they aren't bad.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoefan
I believe the old -- say 15 years ago -- Bruno Piatelli stuff was made by Belvest, ( though perhaps it was Isaia rather than Belvest, their manufacturer tags in the inside breast pocket were similar). The labels were a black label with a cursive "Bruno Piatelli Roma". In the intervening years it became simply Piatelli, IIRC, and the manufacturer changed.

the label is the black with Bruno Piattelli in script writing and Roma below it in block letters. Does this make it a belvest piece?

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by csoukoulis
the label is the black with Bruno Piattelli in script writing and Roma below it in block letters. Does this make it a belvest piece?

Can you not just post a picture of the fabric tag and I'm sure someone here will be able to assist you?

Cheers

Clint

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clintonf
Can you not just post a picture of the fabric tag and I'm sure someone here will be able to assist you?

Cheers

Clint

why didnt i just do this in the first place LOL. Sorry for the poor quality, they're from my phone.

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by csoukoulis
why didnt i just do this in the first place LOL. Sorry for the poor quality, they're from my phone.

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that label at all. It's certianly not Caruso or Isaia (from all what I've observed).

Maybe someone else can help you on this?

Clint

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clintonf
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that label at all. It's certianly not Caruso or Isaia (from all what I've observed).

Maybe someone else can help you on this?

Clint

the 2nd tag i posted looks like it has a Belvest style B with a trademark logo. Also appears to have a date on it of 28.11.1973 (11/28/1973 in the states)

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.