• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bruno magli - quick question

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so today i saw a pair of these magli's at nordstrom rack, the rinaldos, but in brown, not black:

Rinaldo.jpg

it was priced at $180.

from what i've read on this board, there seems to be a quality issue with bruno magli's, and people say that they are not worth the money.

i like how they look, but i don't really know if i'm getting ripped off or not; should i keep them?

thanks SF!!!

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^can you tell me what you mean by yes to 180 but not to keep?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I think he meant you got ripped off buying Bruno Magli shoes @$180.

CoryB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
^can you tell me what you mean by yes to 180 but not to keep?

He means "yes you are getting ripped off, don't buy it." I would agree at the price.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Those look a lot like the John Lobb Luffield model from their Prestige line. Is that the right picture?

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
The most I've ever paid retail for a pair of shoes is $650 for a pair of Bruno Magli Platinum Line. The last fits me to near perfection, and after nearly two years they are still wearing extremely well. They always get compliments.

Jonathan30011206872.jpg

I've tried on some Maglis with lasts that murder my feet and I've seen some with less than brilliant construction. While I've never seen the pair you pictured in the flesh, they do not look like Magli's higher-grade shoes.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you like the shoe at $180 get them. Why let people on this board make your shopping decisions? They are an instock shoe currently and as far as i know they aren't being discontinued so at $180 if you like them and they fit get them i think it would be a good buy. I think they retail for $335 or $365. I personally like some Bruno Maglis. and they aren't a bad shoe, there are worse shoes out there but like all things its not the best shoe out there. Bruno is under going a revamping now as it almost went bankrupt and its in a transitional state and the shoes i've seen compared to about 3-4 years ago are much better.

They are def not platinum. The platinum is by special order only now or if there is credit holds or over production you might be able to get one. No longer an instock shoe.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by demeis
If you like the shoe at $180 get them. Why let people on this board make your shopping decisions? They are an instock shoe currently and as far as i know they aren't being discontinued so at $180 if you like them and they fit get them i think it would be a good buy. I think they retail for $335 or $365. I personally like some Bruno Maglis. and they aren't a bad shoe, there are worse shoes out there but like all things its not the best shoe out there. Bruno is under going a revamping now as it almost went bankrupt and its in a transitional state and the shoes i've seen compared to about 3-4 years ago are much better.

Agreed.

Originally Posted by demeis
They are def not platinum. The platinum is by special order only now or if there is credit holds or over production you might be able to get one. No longer an instock shoe.

If you have the budget, though, the Platinum Line are definitely worth seeking out.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll agree with Nantucket. I think the platinum are worth the money at bout $650-$750. However they are getting expensive and most of the platinum for next fall are starting at $950 and got to about $1200 i think.

baseball_guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
The most I've ever paid retail for a pair of shoes is $650 for a pair of Bruno Magli Platinum Line. The last fits me to near perfection, and after nearly two years they are still wearing extremely well. They always get compliments.

Jonathan30011206872.jpg

I've tried on some Maglis with lasts that murder my feet and I've seen some with less than brilliant construction. While I've never seen the pair you pictured in the flesh, they do not look like Magli's higher-grade shoes.

The combination of those shoes and those slacks is very attractive. I bet you have to beat the women off with a stick.

I have 2 questions. The shoe seems to have stiching down the front. Is this a bad thing, is it better to have one peice of leather than to have two stiched together?

What brand of slacks are those? I have not seen anything like that at Macy's or Nordies. It looks like there is gold color in there. It matches the copper color in the shoes.

baseball_guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Nantucket
What is the width in inches of the hem, knee, and thigh of your pants in that picture?

And what is the waist of the pants if you don't mind so I can get a gauge as to how slim those pants are.

Nice pants

I hope he can also tell us where he got those slacks and the ballpark figure of how much they cost!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads