• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brunello Cucinellis 12 Sytle Pointers! Bellissimo

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"a very fitted T-shirt with looser pants"
dozingoff.gif
!luc

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, that's useful. It's either pointlessly obvious ("Take care of your teeth"), meaninglessly vague "Adopt a style that's age appropriate, but not dated" or simply rubbish "When you have to wear a tie, always wear a solid-color one."

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My cold dead hands. Ties. Non-solid. Pry.
tongue.gif

SOme interesting points; but some of those pointers sound more like his own style rather than style advice.

gza

Reaction score
He really gives short shrift to shoes (say that 3 times fast)...I guess because footwear isn't part of his franchise? As for the other stuff, I agree it's a mix of silliness and truisms.

willie

Reaction score
While my perspective is somewhat different I like the fact that he is clear on his preferences. Cucinelli makes absolutely incredible casual clothing: stylish without being too far out, and the fabrics are superb.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willie
While my perspective is somewhat different I like the fact that he is clear on his preferences. Cucinelli makes absolutely incredible casual clothing: stylish without being too far out, and the fabrics are superb.
As are the prices, outrageously expensive.

!luc

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What to interpret from his pointers:

"say cheese":
Damn, there are some people with bloody awful oral hygiene out there.

"more solid advice"
Damn cartoon ties.

"look beyond the surface"
Damn cheap bastards come into my store and start negotiating? Don't dress it if you can't afford it!

"Don't fret about flaws"
Even if you're underweight, overweight, short or just plain ugly, you can still come and buy my stuff

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
What to interpret from his pointers:

"say cheese":
Damn, there are some people with bloody awful oral hygiene out there.

"more solid advice"
Damn cartoon ties.

"look beyond the surface"
Damn cheap bastards come into my store and start negotiating? Don't dress it if you can't afford it!

"Don't fret about flaws"
Even if you're underweight, overweight, short or just plain ugly, you can still come and buy my stuff

laugh.gif

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Well, that's useful. It's either pointlessly obvious ("Take care of your teeth"), meaninglessly vague "Adopt a style that's age appropriate, but not dated" or simply rubbish "When you have to wear a tie, always wear a solid-color one."
A classic grey flannel pinstripe jacket with suede elbow patches?
crazy.gif
Solid ties exclusively? I'm not convinced.

BrooklynMike

Reaction score
I just picked up three Brunello polo's and they are phenomenal. I'm def a fan now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads