• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brunello cucinelli

AAE

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new here so I’m not sure here to post so don’t be too harsh aha!

Anyway, I saw this shop on eBay and a product but I’m not sure whether the item is legitimate. Also is the seller legitimate? I’d appreciate some insight.

Thank you.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome. It’s tough to say. The pics are from too far away. From a distance, the tags looks right but there’s no way to really know.

I’ll say this: looking up the link and just studying the garment from based on the pics provided, the finish does not look like BC. With the buttons closed, there seems to be some warping at the hem and along the front.

Say what you want about BC regarding styling and price, their garments don’t look machine made and they pay attention to such details. Assuming it’s even real, At the price being asked it’s not exactly a bargain. That would be the typical markdown during one of their end of season sales.

So in closing, not enough detail to know for sure, lacks attention in finishing and not an attractive price point for an eBay offering.

AAE

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

They offered me approximately $950 because it’s not selling but I’m unsure whether it’s real or counterfeit. They do have high feedback so I’m unsure.

Could it be old stock? a factory defect?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven’t a clue. Even at that price, it’s not attractive. Just pass. There are plenty of other fish in the sea.

AAE

Reaction score
Thank you for your insight.

Do you have any recommended BC sites with good prices?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you’re asking me, I would recommend Brunello Cucinelli itself. Either brick and mortar locations or their online boutique.

Knurt

Reaction score
Try Mr. Porter’s sales.

Last edited:

AAE

Reaction score
I like this jacket but I don’t know if it’s genuine or not.. I’m really fussy with clothing so I’m stuck aha. Maybe I’ll wait for a couple more replies

rwtc

Reaction score
I confirm they are 100% legitimate. Some of their stock is a dated, but no one can really tell for BC unless they really follow the brand closely, since it's all pretty timeless.

Last edited:

AAE

Reaction score
Thank you for response.

I own other high end brands(Kiton, brioni etc) however haven’t owned a BC piece so wanted to add one to my collection aha.

The natural follow up question is; how can you tell whether a particular price is genuine or counterfeit? Any signs showing it’s authentic or any tell tale signs it’s counterfeit?

Once again, I thank you all for your input :)

FPB

Reaction score
Thank you for response.

I own other high end brands(Kiton, brioni etc) however haven’t owned a BC piece so wanted to add one to my collection aha.

The natural follow up question is; how can you tell whether a particular price is genuine or counterfeit? Any signs showing it’s authentic or any tell tale signs it’s counterfeit?

Once again, I thank you all for your input :)

Look here at the thread below (and post here when you have authenticity questions). Be aware that there are sellers on ebay with very good feedback that are selling fakes.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Please post in the fake or teal thread if you want further details.
Regarding the seller, he is highly regarded in Germany and sells authentic merchandise.

diokanye

Reaction score
Yeah thats legit, can confirm, work at Cucinelli. Also Im selling alot of size 48 stuff if your interested. More to come that I havent posted too

AAE

Reaction score
Yeah thats legit, can confirm, work at Cucinelli. Also Im selling alot of size 48 stuff if your interested. More to come that I havent posted too
Any cucinelli wool flat front trousers?

AAE

Reaction score
I forgot to ask, is this jacket a “blazer“ type jacket or a “proper” coat?

I ask as there’s a single pocket on the top left similar to sport jackets/suit jackets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads